How many books does Stanza have?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Kamazar, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Could I find mainstream titles on it? The majority of books in stores?

2. mikec24red

mikec24red Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    seeing how it is free, you can just download it and find out yourself :p

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    waaaaaaay ahead of ya

4. firstprime

firstprime Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    president of awesome town!
    wexford, ireland
    it has alot more than anyone needs, you only get a few with it but you can download lots more trough the app. the downloadable books are mostly classics ,e.g. darwins "on the origin of species", but there are a few really good books on there. i really liked, starfish, maelstrom and behemoth(a series)
    . the best part is they're all free and easy to download. i have 24 books on mine.

5. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    32 books

6. firstprime

Dec 28, 2008
    wexford, ireland
    its not a competition......must....download....more.........than.....noah......
    *runs to iphone*......

7. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

8. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I don't get the drinkmalk site. Can we get mainstream stanza books that aren't on the stanza subfolders for free? All the links are down

Oh, and I'm at 66 books. Have probably read half of them by now.

9. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    As the other poster said, http://www.drinkmalk.com/stanza/ has a bunch of free books--you have to go to the site via Safari on the Iphone, then add them to your list of Stanza online catalogs. After that you will be able to view the list of their free books. Many are sci-fi, but there are some others as well (T.Clancy, S. King, etc.) :)

10. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Every time I go to one of the links i.e. 'My Recommends' or 'By Author' on my phone, I just get "Server Not Responding. We can't get to the feed you requested right now. It may be too slow or unreachable"

What I am doing wrong?

11. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
  12. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    I just checked to see whether I would have the same issue, and I am not. I can still view the entire catalog without getting an error message. So I have no idea what the problem is. I have been using the drinkmalk site frequently, and have never had an issue...wish I knew what to tell you. Maybe open the site on your desktop and send an email to the guy. He is very accessible, and posts on several forums.

13. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

Hmmmm .... I just went to the drinkmalk online catalog from within Stanza on my iPod Touch and it connects fine. Maybe it has to do with your iphone configuration????

14. Kuratsu

Kuratsu Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    College Student
    #14 Kuratsu, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
    97 books here, in the process of reading The Count of Monte Cristo. Good book so far. I've read about a quarter of the books I've downloaded.

Also as I've stated previously, you are not limited to what the Stanza can download. I've downloaded a few books off the internet and then synced them into the app using the Stanza program.

15. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I feel left out now

16. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Actually, I just realized out if I go to all books, then I can download them.

Wow, there are some good selections. I think I'm going to download about 100 books now. No joke, I am a big reader and the train rides are LONG

17. Kuratsu

Kuratsu Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    College Student
    Heh, yeah there are some pretty good selections, just gotta browse around.
    If you can't find what you are looking for don't forget to look on the internet ;)

18. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I've been wanting to read the Dark Tower and Odd Thomas series for a while. I guess I know what I'll be doing the next few months.

19. mattmanp

mattmanp Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I have 65 in mine. You can also download your own pdfs from you computer over a wifi connection. I highly recommend Little Brother by Corey Doctrow.

20. firstprime

Dec 28, 2008
    wexford, ireland
    hey, i have a Sony eReader and i have 120 books on it. these files are on my computer. can i transfer these to my iphone? if so please tell me how....