How long do submitted apps take?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by julzsantana15, Jul 31, 2009.

1. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    When a game is approved then submitted to the app store, how long does it take until its officially in the App Store?

2. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    There is no exact time, its hard to even estimate any more but if I were to do so I would say anywhere between 10-25 days. Chaos keeps happening to apple and the app store for different reasons and that effects the timing of the approval process. Used to be where it took only like 5-7 days for an app to get approved. Those days are gone, hopefully they'll come back.

3. martinpi

martinpi Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    founder, director & game designer at studio radiol
    for us it recently took 12 days. currently i'd rather expect two weeks than one...

4. Robosoft

Robosoft Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Its anywhere from 2 - 3 weeks. Even an update of your existing App takes minimum 2 weeks to be approved.

5. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
  6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    As long as Apple can take

7. deadweight

deadweight Well-Known Member

Longer than it should. The amount of time it sits waiting for approval... the dev could add so much more to the game.

That's why I've said for a long time Apple should go to a scheduled approval process. Make a reservation for approval. If you don't have your app uploaded on the day you're scheduled for approval, you lose your slot and are blocked from submitting again for 2 weeks.

That would let me improve and test my app all the way up to the test/approval time. And I'd think it would help Apple plan their time better as well.

Again... just a thought.

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #8 ultimo, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    A very nice thought, It could help create a lot of hype..
    Hey, wait a minute... coming to think of it, is that what ngmoco did about rolando 2 ?

(for PpL who did not get the Joke - iKno it did not take 2 weeks for it to come out)