iPad How do you keep games from being auto-added to your sync list?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by GatorDeb, Feb 23, 2009.

1. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I have just the games I want checked on my sync list, and I change it as the mood strikes. I go to the New Games tab here everyday and download every free non-lite game whether it sounds interesting or not (if it turns out good, at least I got in on time :D). But it autochecks it when it adds it to iTunes. Any way to have it be added to the app list and not checked?

Thanks! :)

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    When your idevice ia connected the summary tab and other tabs... Find the application tab and you can select the apps you want etc..

3. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I know :)

When you buy an app through the PC, it is added to your app list and it's checkmarked so that it's synced next time you connect your device. I want the checkmark off so that it's only synced if I manually add it.

4. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I am interested in this as well, but I don't think there is a way to do it. I tried a google search and looking through iTunes. It seems that the app just assumes you want to use the apps you download ;)

5. RagerX

RagerX Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I do the same thing. It would be great to have apps default to unchecked when you download them. I have to write a list and make sure to uncheck them before I sync again or they all get installed.

6. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    I keep a list in Notepad of my backlog of games "To Be Uninstalled".

Once I connect the iDevice to my PC, I cancel the automatic sync, go to the Applications tab and then uncheck the games that are on my "To Be Uninstalled" list and then move those games to my "Backlog" list.

I don't know of a better method that doesn't check the game upon download, but my solution works well enough for me.

7. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Another problem is if I've erased an app on the iPhone, and then an update comes out for it, and I get the update on iTunes, it applies the checkmark again for syncing, even though I've deleted it already.

8. mek

mek Well-Known Member

what i do is manually sync my apps

yes every new app i download, syncs, and i allow it, i normally test out the app or else i will forget about it
    but if i just want to download it and not test it, i let it sync, then on the device, hold down on the icon so it wiggles, and remove it, without giving it a review

and it wont re-sync to my device until i manually re-sync it...and it will auto update without re-syncing as well

9. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Then only delete Applications from iTunes, problem solved.

Never ran into that problem as I only use iTunes to sync and un-sync applications.