How do I find a game?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Marissawv1978, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Marissawv1978

Marissawv1978 Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Where do I request....I have a couple iPad games I'd like

2. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    If you mean request promo codes, nowhere. I believe there's a section where developers post them. It's not really kosher to jump into threads and ask for them though.
    I think there's something about that in the forum rules thread.

3. Marissawv1978

Marissawv1978 Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Oh ok, I didn't read that but I rea most of the rules...I do have a game I'd like that I cant find am sorry about that...I've looked all over though for this game

4. Nobunaga

Jun 2, 2012
    It's all good. I Just wanted to let you know. Keep an eye in the promo section and you'll probably get some free codes for stuff you'd like.
    The search on forum threads is broken for me. If you use a a search engine and type in " toucharcade forums + the name of the game" you want, you should find it.
    If you can't remember the name, a lot of people start threads with some info about the game. Someone might know what it is.

5. Marissawv1978

Marissawv1978 Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Ok cool I've deleted some though I had like 8 gigs left lol I have a 32 gig whis is awesome...it's still new bought it recently in feb. I looked for avatar but was never found. I'll keep trying

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I don't have any issues with the various forum search tools. What browser are you using? One way or another, you should mention your issue in the site feedback section if you want to see it addressed.

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    The search function while using the iThing browser is pretty broken.

I usually type what I need to find in the "Search" box at the top, then copy and paste it into the forum search.

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Now that you mention it, I remember having that issue on my 4s. The search box just kept closing while I was trying to type. Strangely I have never had any issues on my iPad which is what I normally browse on.

9. Nobunaga

Jun 2, 2012
    Good call echoseven. I've done that before, it works decently. I just use bing or google normally though.

Royce, I use an iPod 4 a lot of the time. So, safari. Hadn't tried the search on my iPad. I also don't really mind the issue. That's why I never reported it as a problem. I was just aiming to let a new user know in case he/she was having problems with it.