How do I contact Apple

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Whosatm, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ok... They changed everything and now after going through there site several times, I can find no way to reach them online. I bought a SINGLE in-app purchase ($.99 on Rage of Bahamut) and I was charged TWICE and only received the in-app purchase ONCE. This is a simple problem and I just want my $.99 back. This is my first time buying an in-app purchase and most likely my last. Any help will be appreciated.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
  4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    doubt you will get it back last I heard as far as Apples rules go IAP aren't covered by them and they tell you to take it up with the developer who I don't think even has the ability to refund you.

I only know this because I've had it happen once as well and no I didn't get my credit back.

5. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    I tought that policy only applied to consumable IAPs? Anyway go to apples site and fill in the contact fields explaining your issue and they'll get back to you.

6. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Exactly the same thing happened to me. I contacted PG comics developers, then they told me to contact apple, and I did. Send an email to apple, with both receipts saying that you purchased the IAP twice. It worked with me.

7. Whosatm

Jan 1, 2010
    I sent an email to that address explaining in detail what happened and included the date, time, receipt number, and invoice number and never got a reply.

I couldn't find ANYWHERE on Apple's site to contact them. All of it was help for people who don't know how to use their devices and iTunes. Taken, what email address did you send your message to?

8. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    iTunes representatives review your request and will contact you within 48 hours, I think you should try contacting the developer maybe he'll solve your problem. I got refunds before but for app purchases never IAP's

9. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    [email protected]

10. Whosatm

Jan 1, 2010
    Thank you very much Taken. Someone from Apple got back to me and refunded my $.99.

11. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    No problem.