How difficult is Eliss?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wootbean, Apr 9, 2009.

1. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    I'm on level 10 so I guess I'm above average.

Since I love TA, here's how the update is going down:

- 3 New Difficulty Levels
    - Current Difficulty will be the hardest tier
    - These will be accessible as level packs
    - No current progress will be lost

:D

2. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    level 10 would probably be easier with 2 ppl?
    when will the update be coming

3. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    Sorry. not sure. :(

4. eklafy

eklafy Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    :( so close on level 10...10/12 when i lost ALL of my health because a planet started appearing in the middle of another. by the time i figured out where it was happening, my health was gone.

5. Axl Lowe

Axl Lowe Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    That happens to me all the time.

Those buggers will creep up on you something fierce.

6. Seamus

Seamus Member

Jan 11, 2009
    #26 Seamus, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
    hate level 10, i know its possible but its so stupidly unforgiving. I've gotten to one last bar a few times, and two last bars probably a dozen times, but it just messes with you by popping up a planet under your finger where you can't even see it until its too late. Too many of those floating untouchable red orbs. Too small a screen for it to be this hard. Its possible, cause I've gotten so close, but its so incredibly frustrating. Great game, but I think the level design could be changed so its a little easier, or at least put level 10 closer to the end of the game, unless the levels after it are that much harder. I had a tough time with some of the levels before 10, but none really compare to its difficulty in my mind.

And how good would this game be on one of those giant touch screen coffee tables that illusionlabs showed off. Would make it totally more enjoyable having a bigger screen and using all 10 fingers to control planets. It could be as difficult but not for the reasons like the size of the screen being so small. Plus, it would be awesome playing it with friends helping out.

7. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    just managed to pass level 10. i think this is the point where i'm going to end up not playing eliss for a long time at least, if not ever again, or until the update is released. don't know what they were thinking when they made level 11, i don't have 30 freaking fingers.

8. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    You have toes, don't you? :p

9. Axl Lowe

Axl Lowe Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    If all else fails,

Use the Force.

10. XGLITE

XGLITE Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    England
    I am finding the game very enjoyable, the graphics work well and the gameplay is like nothing else. There is a steep learning curve but there is something addicting to make you wanna go back and play more. Nobody likes and easy game, but after a few tries at levels that, at first i thought were impossible i managed to complete them with ease. There are quite a lot of tactics and techniques that you learn and use and that helps. Overall a great experience even if a little steep at 2.39.

11. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    ive been stuck on level 10 for quite some time so its safe to say i dont play the game anymore. im all about difficult games but when you play a level 100 times and still cant get past, its just not fun anymore. they need to make the penalty for planets colliding much less than it is. this game feels like frenzic to me, getting cheap shots left and right. its less about skill at this point and more about luck, hoping a planet doest blind side you and pop up under your finger. brutal. this game made me it's bitch. i hate it now. :mad:

12. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    w00t i just beat sector 11
    lol thought i'd let everyone know :D
    sorry for a useless post bumping up an oldish thread

13. foppajoe

foppajoe Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    im stuck on level 9, *sigh*

14. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    now i'm scared to try level 12

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Been on level 13 for some time - every once and a while I take a crack at it, but more often than not I start games just a few levels in so I can play longer. :p