How difficult are the Final Fantasy games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MasterChief3624, Jul 6, 2012.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Oh thank you! I found one and revived my characters, haha. Thank you so much! :D

I've only played Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 previous to this topic. I loved those immensely, especially XIII-2. The battle system is just amazing <3

I haven't heard of Dimensions. Is that an upcoming 3DS game?

2. Haha, indeed. I rate games on their gameplay mostly, rather than much else. I found 12 to be quite fun and content-filled. I got 75% of the way through the game before I lent it to a friend 4 years ago and haven't seen it since :S

3. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Dimensions(I think it's called) is coming to IOS!!

Anyway ff 13 is ok kinda Like a downgraded version of 10..12 was just bad I couldn't even play it.. I'd say everything except 12(except for some people) and 11 (again except for a few people) is pretty good. Its not that I don't like 3 it's just I like 4,6,9 better... 8 is ok I guess o just preferred 9 or 7..

Most people would say the best is either 4,6,7,9 or 10 anything else is kinda rare but I have heard some people that like others the most for whatever reason..

I dunno I'd guess my favorite was either 6 or 9 with 4 close behind

4. JustinFic

JustinFic Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Game Designer / Programmer
    Las Vegas, NV
    1 and 2 have both been made much easier since the original NES. The GBA/iOS ports replace the original whack magic system with proper MP, making the mages much more powerful/useful, and greatly buff the thief/ninja class. The thief actually starts out as a great damage dealer, as opposed to the dead weight he was on the NES. And the port of 2 fixes a lot of the goofy level up mechanics. 2 on the NES was the worst kind of grind.

I was never a fan of the 3D remakes they did recently for 3 and 4. Never bothered to finish the new 3, but from what I played it does retain or increase the original difficulty, which is nice.

And my FF rankings: 6, 4, 9, 7, 5, 10, 1, 3, 8, 2. I'd love to see 6 and 4 on iOS especially, with original graphics and music.