How can I transfer a FIFA 2012 saved game from an IPad 2 to an iPad (3rd gen)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Antihifi, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Antihifi

Antihifi New Member

Aug 25, 2012
    I recently bought the new iPad and gave my girlfriend my iPad 2. Is there a way for me to transfer my FIFA 12 saved game from one iPad to the other without doing a system/cloud restore? I like having a clean slate to start from on this new iPad and don't necessarily want to restore every last thing I had on my old one, just a handful of saved games, but particularly the FIFA one. Thanks in advance and sorry to be asking what may be a stupid question as a first post!

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    If you are not jailbroken, you need an application like iExplorer (free) or PhoneView (about $20, but much more userfriendly) so you can navigate through the iPad 2's file system and find the Documents folder within the FIFA app file. Copy that folder to your PC or Mac. Install FIFA on your iPad 3, then connect it to the same PC. Take the contents of the Document's folder that you copied to your PC and copy them using iExplorer or PhoneView into the iPad 3's FIFA app's document folder. Disconnect the iPad 3 and start up the game -- your saved game should now be available.

Mind you: some apps save data on other folders besides the Documents folder. I haven't tried this on FIFA myself, but it works with most games.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I usually copy both the library + documents folders. Thats where all the save info is located in my experience.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Good to know -- thanks.

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    To transfer the documents folder you can use iFunBox too (free, no jb required).
    Works waaaaay better than iExplorer IMHO.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Personally I hate iExplorer. Glad to hear there's another free alternative.

7. Antihifi

Antihifi New Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Thanks for the help guys. I read up on iExplorer and it seems like the best route. I currently, however, don't have access to a Mac or PC as I use my iPad as my only computer. I should be able to get access to one easily enough and this ought to be an easy fix.

Heres a link from YouTube on how to transfer saved game files:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=transfer%20saved%20games%20from%20ipad%20to%20ipad&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CEcQtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-XXHqS5joJw&ei=NIc6UJ7mDaWa0QH6w4HQBw&usg=AFQjCNHHPB-eWEpjLV5FCZXcalSbK96d_Q&sig2=dSEZKHckZJojkOLD8yFR8Q

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    For some reason, iExplorer is incredibly unstable especially on Windows continually disconnecting.
    If it is he same for you, use iFunBox, also free and identical in how you operate, just rock solid and way faster.
    I can transfer save games directly between connected devices just moving the documents folder...take me like 5 seconds (It is so fast I'm doing it daily with Horn, Hunters 2 and much more).
    I use it between iPhone and iPad when the game doesn't support iCloud.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'f you're jailbroken, just back up locally with ifile.