How are price cuts discovered?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Idle Complexities, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Idle Complexities

Idle Complexities Active Member

Dec 10, 2014
    We've just put one of our apps on 'free' promotion, for today/tomorrow.

To play it safe, to allow for propagation delays, I held back from announcing it on TA (or anywhere else) until nearly a day after the scheduled change, to be sure it really was free, in all territories.

Curious thing is... there was a significant flurry of (free) downloads in yesterday's stats, before anybody should have known about it. I'm not aware of any websites that would have publicised it, so how did these folks know?

Just word of mouth? Or is there some other way that price cuts get published? Am I missing something obvious?

2. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    AppZapp
    Appshopper

These are the apps that are used by me to notify of price drops and new apps.

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    There's several apps including Toucharcades own app, which allow you place apps on a watch list and when the price drops the user gets alerted, and they also list apps that have gone on sale or dropped to free. I use Appsfire and applesliced.

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've tried including a screenshot from appsfire to give you an idea. Hope it works.
    I believe you can also contact these app owners to include your game in their round ups etc if you wanted more people to know about the freebie, you can with appsfire anyway.

Attached Files:

5. Idle Complexities

Idle Complexities Active Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Thanks, had the feeling I was missing something. Several things, it transpires.:)