Hotshot Racing (formerly Racing Apex)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by luckyMountain, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Hi there,
    We are still working away on Racing Apex! Thanks to all those who have asked to be part of the beta testing. We shall reply to those requests shortly.

We should have a trailer up soon showing the game in action and some of the new tracks. :)

2. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Virtua Racing remains one of my all-time favourite racers so if this captures this vibe as it looks to then i'll be one happy chappy

If the dev's want a good example of how Gyro steering can help smooth out handling look at RealRacing ... gyro made the handling sublime on iP4
    Match the gameplay with solid smooth framerates and some vintage physics and sounds and we've got a winner here...

3. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    This could be great if it runs at a brisk framerate. Every game should be flat-shaded until proven fluid - all textures checked at the door.

4. synagence

Dec 4, 2008
    Hate to see this thread go quiet for so long .... i'm so highly anticipating a Virtua Racing re-mastered game .... need it!!!!

Dev's.... any news you can share? or a vid?

5. bjornkeizers

bjornkeizers Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    I sent the developers an Email more then a week ago, but haven't received any reply so far. The website still shows 'coming soon'.

I hope this isn't dead in the water... I was really looking forward to it! :mad:

6. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Maybe they're working on making it better -- recent racers like Real Racing 2 and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit have really raised the bar.

7. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    They have indeed. But Racing Apex I'm sure will play differently to those titles. I'm really looking forward to this one. I particularly dig the retro angular graphics and loud colours, but hope Retina Display will also be on the agenda. An update from the developers wouldn't go amiss either!

8. Hi everyone, thanks for your comments!
    Racing Apex is still in production! We're working with a well know publisher and are working towards launch at the moment. ;)

Gameplay will be different to Real Racing 2 and Hot Pursuit, more towards Ridge Racer (as in quick hit, arcade style gameplay).

Racing Apex does support Retina Display

More details will be coming soon!

9. ipadlips

ipadlips Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    iOS Developer
    New Zeland
    Thanks for info... Instant buy for me... Loved the artstyle

10. synagence

Dec 4, 2008
    If the dev's have managed to get retina level cell-shaded graphics at a good frame rate (60 would be ultimately epic) then this is a great prospect.

Can't wait .... so happy to hear its alive and well too.

11. Prauny

Prauny Active Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Anyone know anything more about when this will be released? It's been a long time now considering how finished looking it is in the screen shots.

12. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow never heard of this until now but those screen shots look brilliant I'll pick this up on release.

13. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    I've been waiting for this since last summer, so release could still be a way off yet bud?

Hope I'm wrong!

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    This shit is prolly dead.

15. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Haha it is probably.

16. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I know this is still going.

17. Redskull97

Redskull97 Active Member

Jun 11, 2011
    The Devs said that the release date is somewhere in December so I think the project is still not dead

18. doodlejumper

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Hi there!
    Yes Racing Apex is still in development at the moment. We hope to have a major update posted on Chillingo’s website very soon.

Many thanks for your patience and your support!

Lucky Mountain Games Limited
    www.luckymountaingames.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify [email protected]
    This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked for all known viruses.
    Lucky Mountain Games Limited
    Registered in England: 6561224

Sent: 22 July 2011 22:06
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Racing Apex?

Hi there!

Is Racing Apex still in development? Let me know, thanks!

19. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    Doesn't this mean you aren't supposed to share this email with us? It's good to know the information but you might be getting yourself into trouble. Not trying to fight, just warning you in case you didn't know.

20. doodlejumper

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I think that more like if they attached a screenshot or a video or some confidential information. This is just saying they're working on the game, something most members here had a feeling was true.