Hot Springs Story: Tips & Strategies

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Akeda

Akeda New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Here is a layout i created. Silky Smooth/ Jacuzzi (3 level hearts).

x x x x x x x x x x
    x V A N x x N A V x
    x V A W S S W A V x
    x V A W N N W A V x
    x x x x S S x x x x
    x N N N S S N N N x
    x x x x x x x x x x

Legend:
    A - Azalea
    N - Natural Stone
    S - Salon
    W - Women's Bath
    V - Vending Machine
    x - Road

2. Akeda

Akeda New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    There's no way to move the scenery around. You have to destroy and rebuild.

3. anualisher

anualisher Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    IT
    The game is slightly more difficult than its predecessor, with cash tighter and progress not always as obvious, but that doesn't mean it's any less exciting. The amount of content unlocked over time is staggering. As you expand your lot, new features become available, and eventually you'll have a huge complex with multiple entrances, dozens of rooms, and acres of foliage.
    There are numerous special features to play around with, adding a surprising amount of depth. For instance, certain rooms can be placed together to earn 'Compat' bonus points, and you can buy items from the shop to upgrade your facilities.

4. Lanishery

Lanishery Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Hot Springs Story has barely any sound effects, and my guests simply wander around, use the facilities, and then leave, with minimal speech bubble feedback.

5. hotspringfan

hotspringfan Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    I don't know if it's my stupid operations or other bugs. Two days ago, the previous time I played it at Year 5 and touch "save" to leave. Now I continue to play but it starts from Year 1. Anybody encounter that before?

6. phazer89

phazer89 Well-Known Member

#66 phazer89, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
    I always thought that I could get tons of bonus scenery this way, but now that you mentioned it... When there's a prompt saying XXX's scenery increased by YY, I loaded a previous save to compare the stats, out of 2/3 separate occasions (I re-loaded it on the same occasion multiple times as well), the scenery only increased once as the game stated. For the rest of the time there weren't any changes.

I'm guessing that a facility can only have it's scenery increased this way once, so if another person increases it again it won't have any effect. I had a Fortuneteller which was increased by +8 previously, and now it was supposed to increase by +12 again, but the total is 11. The only thing is I didn't note down which number it was so I can't say for sure it's the same one. But it's probably safe to assume that because the current one has no decorations around it, so a base 3 scenery +8 bonus = 11. And all my other FTs have either <8 or alot more provided by decorations anyway.
    Edit// Or not. Was playing my new game when this came up, but the scenery didn't increase although it was the first time.

Speaking of which, not sure if anyone posted this but the scenery that a decoration provides varies based on it's position, if it's directly adjacent/in front/behind of a facility it adds the full value, half if diagonally across, and if it's 2 squares away it varies, I'll need to check more for the exact values. Pond's (base 26) an exception, providing +39 (1.5x) if it's in front/behind, +32 if it's adjacent. Need to double-check those though.

7. phazer89

Nope, so far I'm in Year 33 for my first game and I haven't encountered such a problem. I don't suppose you started a new game accidentally? Is the autosave still there?

8. hotspringfan

Mar 5, 2011
    I have one question.

Why Any Room + Karaoke Room = All down ?

Despite having access to purpase Karaoke or not. Facilities like Karaoke is not helpful to attract customers. Can't understand why?

9. hotspringfan

Mar 5, 2011
    Year 5 is not a high status, what if next time I am in Year 33 just like you and all my data lost. :eek: I am so sure that last time "saving" comes after touching "save".

10. equivocal

equivocal Member

Mar 6, 2011
    From time to time they raise the scenery of certain facilities. I'm not sure what else they do.

11. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    'any room' means the hotel/sleeping rooms, not every single room. So just put them in a separate part to your hotel rooms.

12. sawusawme

sawusawme Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Bermuda Triangle
    It is just like an expanding version of DinnerDash!Anyone agreed?

13. phazer89

That would be bad. :X

Maybe you accidentally deleted it in the Main Menu, or the save got interrupted due to an incoming call/something? Either that or maybe you're just unlucky, I've played Game Dev Story for some time now, haven't encountered any problems with either games... :/

14. ArPak

ArPak Member

Jun 20, 2010
    The large baths for Male and Female are unlocked by satisfying the Chimpanzee that comes to your spring after you hit first place in all the guides. Quite a hard one to please that monkey I tell you. If you unlock the large spa and upgrade its effect before year 15 you can keep it on your next play through. Thats all =D

15. phazer89

Hm by that do you mean that when you start a new game you can build the large bath from the start? And for the effects will they already be present when you build the bath or..? I only managed to get him to come way after Year 15. XD

16. aldrchase

aldrchase New Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I had 20 rock in my inventory and I still dont have the pond? Its been quite a while and no investment opportunity. Can somebody please help me out here?

17. sokolov22

sokolov22 Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Yea, I mean that they CLAIM they upgraded it... but I don't actually see any benefit.

18. Akeda

Akeda New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    #78 Akeda, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
    Actually i dont think that it needs to be done before year 15. I finished getting all first place in all guides after year 17, succeeded on the monkey challenge, upgraded the large baths (only first heart (jacuzzi)) and when i started a new game i had the large baths from the beginning.

Also I unlocked the pond, and when I started a new game, i had 1 pond included on my inventory.

19. Akeda

Akeda New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Try getting some lanterns. Im not sure if it is a requisite, but it's 20 natural stones or lanterns. I dont know if you need to have +20 of just natural stones, +20 of just lanterns or a mix between both, but when i unlocked it i had stones and lanterns and around 23 between both.

20. aldrchase

aldrchase New Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Yeah, you need 20 of each apparently. Later today at school (I'm hopelessly addited) after I got a ton of lanterns it unlocked. Thanks for the help though.