Hot Springs Story: Tips & Strategies

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    If I had to suggest anything I'd probably say more scenery. I've found it quite important to success in this game.

2. duckman

duckman New Member

Mar 4, 2011
    I've tried the layout shown in the wiki and it only gives one star to each of the bath's categories. It's good if you want to cover everything, but not particularly great in any one category. However, the layout does quite well in boosting surrounding facilities.

On another note, I've already passed the 16 year 3 months mark that signifies the "end of the game", and I still haven't unlocked some of the facilities such as karaoke rooms, VIP rooms, etc. I know you have to invest in order to gain these facilities, but is there a list of guests and requirements you should target in order to trigger these investments? I've checked the wiki but certain items are missing.

Example: "Arboretum director" => Invest in 'Plum Trees" => get Plum Trees. But how do you get the "Arboretum director"?

3. phazer89

phazer89 Well-Known Member

#43 phazer89, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
    I'm only at Year 15 myself, but most of the investments center around raising a target's popularity to 30, after which the next tier of investments are unlocked. Based on the wiki it looks like you have to get 90 popularity for all targets for the VIP room.

Does the scenery affect a facility's popularity/satisfaction? I pretty much only have them to get the bath effects. :/
    Edit// Nvm, decided to try and it does increase the popularity. Oops. XD

4. ujujiensan

ujujiensan Member

Mar 4, 2011

I believe Scenery Effect helps the bath effects but also the facility's pop. very little though i believe not toooo sure though~

5. dMaddoxx

dMaddoxx New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Student
    Ontario, Canada
    So in order to be successful you need popularity which is from scenery?
    I'm so slow. I haven't even unlocked a lot of the stuff.
    Are there any tips for that?

6. ujujiensan

ujujiensan Member

Mar 4, 2011
    scenery and items to boost up pop. and of course people

7. efoss

efoss Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 26, 2009
    What I would like to see for this game is a diagram of which investments, etc, lead to each other, including the dependencies between different types. Basically, the tech tree for the game. In other words, all the investments and targets and other requirements, with arrows pointing to what they unlock. That way you could quickly see which branches of the tree were deepest or led to specific rewards you need strategically.

Anyone have one already done they'd like to share with the rest of the class? :D

8. ujujiensan

ujujiensan Member

Mar 4, 2011
    did you ever get that opportunity? cuz i havent gotten anything yet even having 25 of each~~

does anyone else know the exact number of rocks you need to have to get Pond Opportunity>

9. ArPak

ArPak Member

Jun 20, 2010
    I got the pond investment. Im not exactly sure on the specifics but when I was offered the investment I had 12 Natural Stones, 17 Azaleas, 7 lanterns and 7 bamboos in my inventory. I had 10+ of each on the map at the same time though.

So if you ask me and I were to guess, I'd say about 20 of each of these 4? Just a possibility =)

10. phazer89

#50 phazer89, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
    I'm keeping a list of investments as they unlock, need to start a new game for most of the (earlier) ones though.

Btw does anyone know the specific requirements to unlock Plum Tree, I only just managed to get the proposal at Year 19 (although after 15 I was mostly just keeping track of the new unlocks), seemingly randomly.

Edit// Currently I have 18 Stones and 20 Lanterns in my inventory, 21S/3L built, still no pond unlocks.
    Edit// Ok, the following month I unlocked Maple Tree, and right after that Pond. Can't seem to find any specific requirements. Maybe the 20 Stone/Lantern plus Plum Tree unlocked?

11. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for posting. Just picked this up and may need the help

12. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    If you start a new game after getting to the 'end' of the game (year 16 month 4 or thereabouts, when it gives you the high score), the popularity rating for each type of guest carries over up to a max of 20, eg if in the old game one guest had pop 13 in the new game they will have pop 13 when they first appear not zero, if in the old game they had pop 21 in the new game they will have pop 20. This makes raising pop to 30 to get all the investments a lot quicker.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I had a quick reread of this thread and didn't see it.

13. ArPak

ArPak Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Kinda late I kno, but for anyone that wants to know.

REquirement for Plum trees is 10 bamboo trees.
    Requirement for Maple trees is 10 Plum trees.

Hope that helps.

Edit: And a small trick for ppl trying to get no.1 on the guide that focuses of the Bath effects. Adding Milk (from pasture investment) onto the female baths increases one of the bath effects. Cant recall which one from the top of my head but I think its a good help to boosting popularity =)

14. phazer89

Hm, that might be it for the Plum trees, I had 6 Bamboos in my inventory and placed in my inn when I unlocked it. Can't remember if I bought the last few just before it unlocked. As for Maple trees, mine was unlocked the month after I unlocked Plum trees, I hadn't planted any (can't remember if I bought, maybe at most 3/4 though). Did you unlock it after planting/keeping 10 Plum trees?

Yep it increases Silky Smooth by one heart, great way to increase the effect across all baths.

I'm still working on the "tech tree", got side-tracked by new unlocks. Here's a (hopefully) full compatibility list:

Room and Pachinko Machine Room: All down
    Room and Karaoke Room Room: All down
    Room and Massage Chair Room: Adults up, Seniors up
    Room and Café Room: Men up
    Room and Fortune Teller Room: Women up
    Room and Vending Machine Room: All up

Tatami Room and Tatami Room All up
    Tatami Room and Tea Room Tatami Room: Adults up, Seniors up

Western Room and Western Room All up
    Western Room and Restaurant Western Room: All up

Souvenir Stand and Western Room Both: Youth up, Others down
    Souvenir Stand and Vending Machine Both: Youth up, Adults up, Groups up

Pachinko Machine and Arcade Both: Men up
    Pachinko Machine and Tea Room Both: All down
    Pachinko Machine and Pachinko Machine Both: Adults (M) up

Massage Chair and Salon Both: Women up

Café and Karaoke Room Both: Adults (M) up, Seniors (M) up
    Café and Reading Room Both: Adults (M) up, Seniors (M) up
    Café and Arcade Both: Adults (M) down, Seniors (M) down

Salon and Fortuneteller Both: Women up
    Salon and Pachinko Machine Both: Women up

Vending Machine and Ping Pong Table Both: All up
    Vending Machine and Arcade Both: Youth up

Tea Room and Reading Room Both: All up
    Tea Room and Restaurant Both: All up

Reading Room and Karaoke Room Both: All down
    Reading Room and Pachinko Machine Both: All down

Ping Pong Table and Arcade Both: Groups up

I'm still missing the Huge bath/Spa/whatever and VIP room though, so these are for the "normal" facilities.

15. Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr New Member

Nov 17, 2010
    #55 Fimbulvetr, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
    D'oh, disregard this.

16. equivocal

equivocal Member

Mar 6, 2011
    I've been trying to optimise my layout for Spa/Silky Smooth; basically, I want to make a pair of women oriented baths. The best I can do so far is to have 2 hearts each. Apart from the 1 heart each layout from the Japanese wiki, has anyone been able to come up with a layout that allows you to have 6 hearts or more, e.g. 3 hearts in two categories?

I haven't used the Pasture investment yet, I don't seem to have unlocked it. Anyway, here's my layout for 2 hearts Spa/Silky Smooth:

x x x x x x x x
    x C P P P P C x
    x C N N N N C x
    x L W A A W L x
    x L W N N W L x
    x S x P P x S x
    x S x P P x S x
    x x x x x x x x

Legend:
    A - Azalea
    C - Massage Chair
    L - Lantern
    N - Natural Stone
    P - Pachinko
    S - Salon
    W - Women's Bath
    x - Road

17. equivocal

equivocal Member

Mar 6, 2011
    For anyone who's interested, I'll post smaller two bath layouts for 3 hearts "Jacuzzi" and "In Crowd".

Jacuzzi Lv3

N V V N
    W N N M
    W N N M
    V V V V

In Crowd Lv3

x S S S
    A S S S
    A A W W
    A A M M
    A S S S
    x S S S

Legend:
    A - Azalea
    M - Men's Bath
    N - Natural Stone
    S - Souvenir Shop
    V - Vending Machine
    W - Women's Bath
    x - Road

18. sokolov22

sokolov22 Member

Jun 27, 2010
    What's with Illustrators and Researchers? They claim they did something to a facility, but when I look at it, nothing seems to have changed.

19. meimei29

meimei29 New Member

Mar 7, 2011
    #59 meimei29, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
    D: I can't seem to get the pond, no matter what I do. I have a ton of plants in stock and planted outside already.. does anyone have any suggestions? x: .. Nearly all the items now in the shop cost 200k+ (yen)

Edit: I don't know what I did.. I just kept on buying items, like natural stones, in the shop, and it finally appeared >: .. Hmm.

20. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Thanks for the guide lots of good info. I saw it mentioned previously but no one really answered it. Is there a way to move scenery around with out deleting it? Seems like if its the only way then there's a lot of deleting and re-buying involved.

Thanks for the help.