Hot Springs Story: Tips & Strategies

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, Feb 28, 2011.

1. phazer89

phazer89 Well-Known Member

In general just have a high popularity for your facilities, most importantly Tatami/Western Rooms and Baths since everyone will use them. Facilities like Vending Machines, Restaurants, Massage Chairs etc. are less important. Boost your facilities' popularity with items (namely Popularity seeds and other consumables) and scenery, when your guests use them they'll have greater satisfaction and it'll help to "level" them up faster. When your target is around 85 you can just switch them out for another one, they'll reach 90 eventually as you work on others. At the end, just work on any you've missed. Use Advertise often to help boost your number of guests too.

Totally up to you, although if you have a ton of guests repeatedly queuing up for it using a normal bath might be better. When you take the queue time into consideration, your large baths might end up having 1 person using it at a time, which just makes it a waste of space. Bath effects on large baths carry over to the next game if you place the effects before Year 16, so that might be the reason why you had effects from the start. This is also one reason to have large baths, even if you take the queue issue into consideration.

2. NeonChaos

NeonChaos Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Ceremony is unlocked by Rich Heir and First Lady, not nobleman/noblewoman.

3. phazer89

Cool, thanks for the info, I'll (try to) check it out and update the info accordingly. :D

4. Yahn

Yahn Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks Phazer, how can we check easily the pop of the targets ?

Is it a problem if we have facility not accessible ?

5. phazer89

The only ways are to put them as one of the 3 targets, or to tap on each one individually/scroll through the list in the 2nd page of the Targets menu (with the * difficulty ratings).

If by "not accessible" you mean blocked off from entry, it's generally not a problem. For some facilities you can just place them there simply to get the bath effects. Some aren't as popular so you won't get a lot of guests for those, and you'll probably have those somewhere else in your inn anyway. Early on in the game you'll be wasting maintenance fees for those facilities, but later on the fees won't matter.

6. NeonChaos

NeonChaos Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I can verify that Ceremony and Rich Couple can be unlocked by getting Rich Heir and First Lady both to 40 pop

7. phazer89

Alright, I'll include it in the next update, probably not so soon though.

8. GtotheA

GtotheA Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Austin, TX
    ok dumb question but how do i unlock more stores/items?

im no year 6 but still have the basic stores and only so far unlocked study room, massage chair.

9. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    You need to go to invest in properties (in the menu). some of them will unlock new characters others unlock items and/or rooms.

10. Yahn

Yahn Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Cool thx phazer. Do u know if its possible to get the kairobot before the end of the game (Y16.4) ?
    What would be the purpose of the game as u can manage everything ?
    What kind of score dod u reach ? is 333 000 good?

11. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    No you can't, got kairobot in year 62.
    Strangely the rich missus was at lvl 97 instead of 100 when kairobot came.

The purpose is to get a good highscore at year 16.
    But to be honest its all about fun, creating the spa you like.

I got 215.xxx at my first playthrough, didn't know about the "powerups" for the baths. 2nd playthrough should be better i hope :p
    So you did good.

12. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Okay, I read through the entire thread. Thanks for starting it, KtK. Phenomenal FAQ, Phazer89.

The only comment I'll add is that I can't believe I'm dual-boxing Hot Springs Story.

13. phazer89

@Yahn: Lol, I got under 200k for my first playthrough so I suppose 333k is great. :D
    You can unlock some of the other stuff before Y16, but I think Kairobot is probably next to impossible. You can try though. :D

@Duss321: Yeah, the requirement for Kairobot is 90 pop for all targets, not 100. ;)

@djflippy: Thanks. :D

14. MeteorFlare

MeteorFlare Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    I've come to be a part of this small community of hot spring story gamers!

On my first playthrough, in which I totally have no clue what's going on..

I got 204,202 .. haha.. will be playing through again soon-ish.. =D

15. Hells

Hells Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Can everyone help me? I have Painter with 100 pop about 5 years and nothing about COO investiment.

16. phazer89

Hm if it doesn't work try raising the popularity of other targets up as well.

17. sacschumac

sacschumac New Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Can somebody please help me with the 'Targets' feature? I cant seem to understand who I should be advertising to...
    1. What does the orange bar at the top indicate (with the yellow star by its side)
    2. What does Pop. mean? Im guessing popularity?
    3. The field called money at the bottom.

I dont get why the popularity varies and who i should advertise to to get to to earn more or unlock features and stuff. Since the visitors dont really correspond to the targets I set. Is there some ideal way of going about this? I'm on year 10

18. alexph

alexph New Member

May 11, 2011
    2nd gate entrance and reception desk

How do you obtain 2nd gate entrance and reception desk? I've read and read and search on the Net for info, but no such luck. Could you please help me. Thanx

19. alexph

alexph New Member

May 11, 2011
    any1 kno how to get 2nd gate entrance and reception desk?

What do you have to do to get 2nd reception desk and gate entrance to unlock? Could any1 please answer my questions? Thanx

20. phazer89

The answer is in the guide in my signature actually. :)

Just buy the Land Deed upgrades in the shop, you'll unlock the reception after the second upgrade.

Basically you'll want to advertise to those who will be more likely to vote for whatever guide you entered (press the hint button when viewing the guide menu to see who to advertise to). Or you can just advertise to anyone and raise all the popularity levels. Once you start unlocking more targets there will be a lot of people at your inn, especially for previous targets with higher popularity. Just keep the 3 targets on whoever you'll want, they'll show up. In late game when there's a lot of targets, if you don't advertise to a newly unlocked one they'll barely show up.

1. That's their popularity "level", every time the bar fills up their popularity will raise by a certain amount.
    2. Yep.
    3. It's the amount of money they have with them when they check into your inn.