Universal Hot Lap League (by Ultimate Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anotherkellydown, Apr 11, 2022.

1. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    @Echoseven

Thanks again!

Now I'm trying to get all gold medals at Metro's very first stages

Echoseven likes this.
  2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Good luck!
    Repetition is your friend; try to remember each track and you’ll be flying through them in no time. :)

solarnya likes this.
  3. RealisticArcadeSimulator

RealisticArcadeSimulator Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2018
    #23 RealisticArcadeSimulator, Apr 13, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    Thanks for the writing Echoseven, the only thing that puts me off is the always online aspect and the fact that my gaming ipad 6th is on 13.7 because of Grid for now (long story short: I don't want to update until I'm done with at least 1 full play through) and I'm not sure it will support that version for long.
    I hope it will be successful, looks nice!

Echoseven likes this.
  4. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Well I was going to post on here but this says it all. I was really put off by the iap despite the comments on here but I thought sod it and very glad I did.

Echoseven likes this.
  5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Oh you are going to hate today’s daily. :D

solarnya likes this.
  6. solarnya

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    @Echoseven
    You've already known it!
    That's true lol

Echoseven likes this.
  7. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    #27 orangecan, Apr 14, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    I am both utterly addicted to this and hating the daily at the same time.

This takes me back to shaving seconds off of trackmania times on my DS.

Its so rare for me to find a racing game with touch controls that never let me down - I’m really struggling now to gold medium metro tracks (and some easy alpine) and no chance of todays daily - but it’s always been my fault.

Certainly my favourite iOS racer of the year so far without a doubt. I really can’t put it down in fact it’s the first thing to drag me away from Kirby on the switch for about a week or so.

EDIT: I do think it’s a shame that the iap may put people off, there really doesn’t seem to be any need for it despite cosmetic. Oh and I haven’t quite worked out what ghost appears sometimes it seems to be my personal best, other times a medal time and occasionally what seems to be another player (settings are set to not personal best).

solarnya likes this.
  8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

orangecan and Chq like this.
  9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I prefer manual acceleration in any racing game but was fine without it in this game until I got to Alpine medium. I can’t even get past the last jump in the first level in that set. If I was able to accelerate more on my own, I probably could. It’s getting really annoying that I can’t get past it.

10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

One thing to keep in mind is that, while airborne, tapping the powerslide button will level out your car.

@anthony78, I got silver on that track, but when replaying it to see how I might help, I kept wrecking on the jump too. :D It’s definitely the kind of game that requires tons of practice and restarts until you memorize the turns. When used properly, powerslide can get you around a track without ever hitting a wall. And since you can keep your high speed during a powerslide, it’s mandatory that players become very proficient with using it.

Keep trying man, I’m sure you’ll get it!

@ everyone - Here’s a good way to customize your controls, imo:

6A08D6BC-041A-4C9A-BE22-EBC5B5D2A7CA.png

Basically, just stretch the powerslide hit box all the way over between the left and right turn buttons. That way you don’t have to reach at all to use the powerslide.

Here’s my campaign progress so far:

F710297C-3506-4817-B42B-BA8B20D0E4C9.png

11. Ultimate Rachel

Ultimate Rachel Active Member

Apr 20, 2022
    Female
    Hi everyone, I am the Community Manager over at Hot Lap League, and I wanted to stop by and say hello. So excited to see people enjoying the game!

I might need to test out those controller layouts, Anotherkellydown!

I saw a few people mention IAPs, and just wanted to confirm that these are purely cosmetic and have no impact on vehicle performance.

For those looking for tips and tricks on Daily Challenges (I know I need them!), players are often sharing them in our Discord.

If you have any questions or feedback, I'd love to hear them and pass them on to the team. Thanks already for all of this feedback!

See you on the track!

12. solarnya

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    Today’s daily seem to be impossible…

@Ultimate Rachel
    Hi!
    I’m enjoying this game so far so much.
    Where the link of your discord?

13. Ultimate Rachel

Ultimate Rachel Active Member

Apr 20, 2022
    Female
    Hi @solarnya! I wasn't sure if it would be ok for me to post external links on here. If it is I'm happy to share it, but otherwise you can find the link on our social media bios.

solarnya likes this.
  14. solarnya

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I've joined to official serv3r thx

15. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I still can’t get past the first track on Alpine medium. Probably have tried at least 100 times. Just seems to be a big spike in difficulty with those jumps (even on a run where no walls are hit) and I’m beyond frustrated. Just going to have to put this down for a while since I can’t make any more progress.

16. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    Hey, you came over! Nice!
    Firstly I'm glad the ticket system I saw on some early videos got ditched, it would have killed the joy of instant restarts which I believe is the base of any try-fail-try again kind of game.
    I also very much appreciate a premium experience even if it's not the traditional offline deal I got used to. I can also confirm that the game is ad/timer/and pushy microtransactionless. There is also no upgrading of the cars, the playing field is very much leveled. New players don't face "bought" advantage in shape of "pro/premium" cars just skilled drivers with the same stuff.
    I would also advise people here to check over to their discord at least to see the record daily run videos...it's easier to accept the sad truth of how much better the world record holders are if one isn't just presented with a soul crushing number that looks impossible to achieve but with a solution as well to where can time be shaved off.

17. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    Flying is definitely not the cakewalk like it used to be in asphalt games.
    I sank a lot of time in yesterday's daily to make it over 90%, today it took around thirty minutes to do the same. Resting the game is always a good idea if the results are getting worse. Everyone gets tired.

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    You guys NEED to enable the ghost line and power slide indicators (I have a handy guide on my site).

It’s SUCH useful information about how the ghost player did their lap and helps with lap times so much!

-
    Side note, I’m 4th in today’s daily so it’s definitely doable! Tricky, but doable. I reckon I could get 3rd or even 2nd but #1 looks like a near perfect run.

19. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Well count me in for one of those who just cannot do todays challenge. It’s that first jump that gets me every time, whatever I do I just don’t make it across - I’ve tried everything.
    On a more positive note this is probably the best iOS racing game I’ve played in a long long time.

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    For anyone struggling with the jump: tap your brakes while in mid-air. Maybe a couple of times. It straightens and aligns the car and you’ll land smoothly.