Hot games on home page

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by gamecoder, May 30, 2018.

1. gamecoder

gamecoder Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    USA
    It seems that the hot games carousel thing on the home page shows the hot games of all time. Which to me isn’t all that useful and isn’t likely to change all that much. If you got to the hot games page and change the filter to “week”, that seems more in line in how the old site worked. It’d be nice to be able to adjust the hot games carousel on the home page to either be “week” for everyone or be a user setting that can be saved. This would just save having to to the separate hot games page and changing the filter.

I just know the hot games on the old home page was pretty much where I always looked to see what were the new popular games and I would usually look through them to see if there were any I wanted.

Just my two cents, sorry if I’ve missed the setting somewhere, but I couldn’t find anything.

2. W8rd3

W8rd3 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Human paper weight
    In a human dwelling

3. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Totally agree. This was my most viewed feature. Right now it doesn’t seem to work or isn’t intuitive.

4. Zumba expert

Zumba expert New Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    Yeah I came straight to Hot Games, and then right to the comments section for that Hot Game to check out feedback. Now I have to first refine it to this week, and wtf then I have to find a nearly-hidden link to that game’s thread on the forums.

Finding new games, and opinions I trust on those games was why came here. Goodbye until this is fixed, TA.

5. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Yup. Ditto. Not sure what happened but it’s pretty much useless now. :/

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Algorithm should be better now, any thoughts?