iPad Hospital Havoc-Time Management Game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CandyNJ66, Mar 6, 2009.

1. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    #1 CandyNJ66, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
    Hospital Havoc is a New Time Management Game $6.99 >>>>>>Currently there has been a price drop to $2.99 for their introductory sale which is a Limited Time Sale! I would highly suggest picking this up at this price!

The object of the game is to run a hospital and you have quite a lot of options to choose from as well as levels. The pictures in the appstore make it seem like a fun worthwhile game for Time Management fans especially or anyone who's into that.

[hqyoutube]I8VJdQEU0Kc[/hqyoutube]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This pic below is for those who like the Green faced Patient lol :)
    [​IMG]

2. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    $7 :eek:

With Airport Mania and the supermarket one and also that monster daycare one being a buck each, there's no way.

3. aerolord

aerolord Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Exactly... $7 is way too steep.

4. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Yeah it sucks that's it that amount but still..I might TOFTT eventually. I notified some folks who do reviews and let them know. I know at least one of them will do a video review so when they do that, I will post it.

I am really hoping Slide to Play does a video and review.

5. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
  6. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    It's Time Management Month or something. ^ ^

Pretty steep, I'm currently happy with my current TM games though.

7. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Anyone remember Theme Hospital? Hospital Havoc details kind of reminds me of that.

You would think it was made by Gameloft with that price (not to sound cheap or anything). I do like the graphics though, they aren't tiny people with no features but the people instead look well animated.

8. LordCrom

LordCrom Well-Known Member

I enjoy time management games, but I will wait for the price on this one to drop to $2 before I pick it up.

9. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    hi CandyNJ66,
    Theme Hospital was my favourite "Theme" game!!!! Absolutely loved it! Once I get an intel iMac I'm running WinXP just to play it!
    Bought way too many games recently and can't afford it at $7 right now. Have to complete some games and remove off the iPhone before buying another. This is definitely sniped tho.

10. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    It's a game in itself to see if you can manage your spare time well enough to play all these TM games!!!!!!

11. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Yeah Theme hospital was awesome!

I have bought way too many myself! I also have several TM games so I don't know how I'm gonna find time to play all of them. Clearly I won't, so what I do is put aside a bit of time every day to play a few games and then I rotate them so I can actually play the games I bought! :)

12. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, $6.99 is a bit too much of a TOFTT for me too, but I will admit that I find the green guy in screen shot 3 on the App Store pretty amusing.

13. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Ray from Bitwise Design, was SUPER kind enough to give me a code for Hospital Havoc which I just downloaded! :D

I will be giving my first impressions along with my honest review of Hospital Havoc later on today. :)

14. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    Candy likes time management games!! and that's not a bad thing.

15. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Nice! Now play it and write a review for us... Please. :)

16. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Heheh yep :D

17. Added to snipe list if your review is good (mainly if the balance is there, natural progression in difficulty) then I'll keep it sniped. I do like the theme and premise.

18. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    I been waiting for Gamestop Havoc for a while now. Where is it?

19. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    #19 CandyNJ66, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
    UPDATE! I have now played through some levels. I can honestly say...BUY THIS GAME if you like Time Management games and EVEN if you don't! Please read my updated review which follows my Tutorial impressions. This is a lengthy review so if you don't feel like reading all this, please skip to the bottom of my review for final thoughts. :)

I only got to play Hospital Havoc for a little bit on tutorial but I MUST say that this game from what I can see now is DELIGHTFUL and FUN. It's very detailed, I love how they use humor, it's probably more detailed than you might expect. This is like I'm playing a DS game on my ipod touch from my first impressions.

The tutorial is a must and really walks through the basics of the game. The animation is very well done, it's colorful, humorous at times and the characters are not teeny tiny either. They look like little people. You can choose from quite a few doctors that are either male or female. You can choose their race, clothes, hair color etc. You can choose the same details with either a male or female nurse.

The controls of the game so far IMO, are direct and to the point. They don't seem hard at all but I'm sure things get very frantic with beds of sick patients.

The tutorial also describes the illnesses the patients that you will take care of and I burst out laughing with some of the descriptions of the illnesses and or problems they have. They even talk to you about the hospital mechines like the heart moniter. Cleanliness (just like in a real hospital) is super important and you gain points or decrease in points if your doctor is a filthy slob. Your nurse throws out the trash and you will get even more points by having him/her deposit it in the garbage/bin in the hospital room.

I have a lot more to learn but from what I have seen, Hospital Havoc looks like a really well made game and fun to play. I will post more about it later. I want to say by all means buy it (cuz right now I know this game is pretty darn cool) but to be fair I have to really go into an actual game beyond the tutorial.

Ok, after playing several levels, I am posting these animated pictures to give you an idea of the gameplay
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This pic below is for those who like the Green faced Patient lol :)
    [​IMG]

Hospital Havoc is a hospital Time Management/hospital Sim game that will appeal also to those who loved Theme Hospital. You have your choice of Career Play where your doctor (like I already said you can customize him or her) and a male or female nurse that you can customize too. You start off with a tutorial, then you are in a real situation in a hospital with a clock on the wall that keeps time and eventually as time goes by, your hospital will be closed for the day so you better hurry up. Eventually you get more patients and these patients can DIE so you really have to keep an eye on them.

The patients will say things including "I feel sick" or "I feel dizzy". You must take care of them by giving them an IV if they need it (so you will have more time in between getting their prescriptions) and making sure they are ok. If you don't keep an eye on the red bar on the bottom of their beds, the patients will start to say things like "What's that light?" or "I'm suing!!" You know they are close to death when they say those things and yes they will die :( forcing you to restart the level if you want to progress.

Notice the pics of some of the patients you will have (some are really in bad shape with NO eyeballs lol)

Note one of the machines/IV you will have to give the patients

You have your choice of Career Play where your doctor advances through 20 levels at Easy, Normal and Hard

Continuous Play, which is kind of like a sandbox mode where patients come in and out etc which gives this game A LOT of Replay ability which GatorDeb mentions in her review.

Scenarios Scenarios as you can see from the animated picture are different situations like you have 20 babies to deliver in 10 mins and so on. Hectic stuff!

The hectic pace on easy is hard to keep up with on later levels but you need to do the following which WILL help everyone who buys Hospital Havoc. This comes from Ray from Bitwise Design himself who was kind enough to share it with a user who is playing Hospital Havoc.

Make sure you are chaining events together. Diagnosis one patient after another, go to the computer to get their prescriptions filled at the same time if possible and pick up everyone's prescription at the same time or within a moment of each other.

You will get bonus points for this and will make it possible for you to pass your levels if you get stuck.

Also, when you discharge patients, try to do it at the same time even if it means leaving patients that are healed in their beds a bit longer.

The graphics as I spoke about a bit before in my tutorial review, are colorful and excellent. The people are well animated and you can actually see how messed up they really are! Please check out the people with NO EYES and patients that just look really sick in the animated pic above. Like I said before, I really do feel like I am playing a Nintendo DS game with Hospital Havoc. Seriously! The graphics are that well done.

The music is nice and pleasant. Nothing annoying.

The gameplay is great in my opinion, it gradually increases with difficulty and if you think this is a too easy game..well you are in for a surprise! Hospital Havoc is very well balanced IMO, many modes of play, very detailed and humorous

Thanks again to Ray from Bitwise Designs for being incredibly kind enough to give me a promo code so I could review Hospital Havoc!! I will post a review in the app store just like GatorDeb did :D :)

Games for the Ipod Touch/iphone just keeps getting better and better! Hospital Havoc is an excellent, FUN, challenging game with great graphics. Please note since I wrote this review,The original price of $6.99 for Hospital Havoc has DROPPED to a introductory sale of $2.99 for a limited time only. BUY IT NOW! The game is very worth buying for fans of TM games (or those new to the genre) and goes to the top of my Time Management Favorites! :D

20. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    agree with that :) green guy caught my eye too.

well this looks nice enough to add to snipe, and wait til something happens.