Horror games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Artfoundry, May 15, 2018.

1. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Hey guys
    Anyone have recommendations for non-FPS/TPS horror games (the exception would be something party RPG oriented, like a turn based Legend of Grimrock)? Can be isometric or 2D, adventure or RPG (real time or turn based), or even TCG/CCG. Something with a story. I played Call of Cthulhu: Wasted Land a while back - that was pretty good, though not very scary/creepy. LOVE Lovecraft stuff and the original Diablo (SO wish Blizzard would port it to iOS). I currently have Sanitarium and Mordheim on my iPhone, both good, but former isn't RPG enough and latter isn't story based enough. Also have Planescape: Torment on my iPad - enjoying that, but it's almost TOO much. Also, I'd like the game to be able to run on iPhone (and be easily playable, which Beamdog games generally aren't so much), not just iPad. And preferably no JRPG/KRPGs.
    I know, I'm being pretty specific here... What I'm looking for just may not be out there, but figured I'd ask anyway.

2. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Forgotten Memories

3. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Yes played that before, but that's first person. I'm looking for something isometric or 2D.

4. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
  5. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Ooh that kinda reminds of The Last Door series which I really enjoyed. Thanks!

6. MilknBrains

MilknBrains Member

Jun 1, 2018
    Female
    Home is seriously great!

7. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Okay, so first off it sounds like you want to play Year Walk. But I'm going to throw out Inside just in case if you somehow managed to miss that game, and you might be surprised by the game Severed. Actually, Severed is probably the one you should check out the most now that I re-read your post, but all three of these games are must plays imo.

It's the switch trailer but does a good job showing how it plays on mobile.