"Horn" a new game by Phosphor Games Studios in partnership with Zynga games!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PhosphorGamesGal, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Yeah, with a new iDevice (possibly) right around the corner, I'll be upgrading for the first time in two years. I'd hate to start a game and lose all my progress when I move up a notch.

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
  3. Phosphor_chip

Phosphor_chip Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    >>The way I read that, "hitting Tegra devices first" refers to the Android version.<<

Correct- for Android it will be on Tegra first, but it is coming to iOS and Tegra same day

4. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Will the Tegra virsion look any diffrent from the iOS vision or have special effects

5. Linebarrel86

Linebarrel86 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Cog in the corporate machine.
    In my skin...
  6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Thanks for the clarification!

@CandyKiller: I looked for another article about Horn on PG but couldn't find one. In any event, that information was apparently wrong.

7. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, it's all a bit confusing. I arrived at the PocketGamer article from a link on Phosphor's Facebook page, but it would appear that PG's release info is incorrect.

Oh well, it's good to see that the devs are active here on the forums and willing to answer our questions.

8. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Well the game does look pretty decent but I'm honestly a little skeptical about buying this at a premium price. I bought The Dark Meadow when it originally came out at 5.99, then it eventually went freemium and now I can't even play The Dark Meadow without buying IAP ( which I refuse to do) Too much off a grind to play for hours for a little reward. Also not allowing you to auto save which is a big issue in my books.

My whole point is, who knows if they will pull that garbage again in a few months after release. I would hope not because Phosphor puts out great games.... but The Dark Meadow ordeal has made me a little weary.

9. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    I understand your concerns on the Dark Meadow FTP. We have been listening to the community and hopefully we addressed a lot of the concerns that came from that initial free to play release.

On the issue of grind: Horn and Dark Meadow share some similarities but are very very different games. Dark Meadow takes place in a hospital and you are limited to that area so the necessity for a grind is much higher. For Horn we had a much longer time to make the game and it is pretty huge. It is a vastly larger game where if you want to replay an area to get new items or find any hidden loot you may have missed you can, but we don't necessitate grind.

I really do get your problems with Dark Meadow but I feel that we learned a lot from the game and hope that people will see those improvements in Horn. Thanks a lot for checking out the game and taking the time to post!

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Horn looks good, but even if you addressed the "concerns" people had with Dark Meadow going free-to-play, I think it's fairgame for anyone to be concerned that this may follow the same path. Once a developer does something like that, it pretty much sets a precedent for people to be worried about paying for a premium game that people later may be able to play for free.

I'm sure you can't honestly say that Horn will never go freemium. No one can ever say "never". But gamers can only look to the past.

11. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    So, is this coming out tonight in US?
    On the fence though considering the previous discussions and it's current price point.

12. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    I'm definitely buying this if it comes out tonight no matter what... as long as Chillingo isn't the publisher.

13. Varking

Varking Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    Where did you read it was coming out tonight?

14. handymarco2010

Jun 25, 2012
    On the touch arcade Home page Horn was listed as a possible release tonight but nobody really knows when its going to come out so it could be tonight or sometime within the next few weeks.

15. Varking

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    They updated a post in their thread or in an interview that says they are still shooting for August so it doesn't sound like tonight is in the books.

16. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Maby it's a 50/50 chance it will.

17. Linebarrel86

Linebarrel86 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Cog in the corporate machine.
    In my skin...
    Don't get your hopes up.

The chances of it coming tonight are slim. Of course, I really, really hope I'm wrong...

18. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    I'm tired of all these infinity blade type games...

19. Varking

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    This looks, in my opinion, better than IB. You can walk around in this and looks different. I don't feel like this is an IB clone at all.