"Horn" a new game by Phosphor Games Studios in partnership with Zynga games!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PhosphorGamesGal, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhosphorGamesGal

PhosphorGamesGal Active Member

Apr 19, 2012
  2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The monster designs remind me of Shadow of the Colossus. Now that, is epicness packed in a dvd.

3. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    I hope Zynga doesn't ruin this great looking game by turning it into freemium frenzy or any other sh*t that Zynga produces..

4. stryver12

stryver12 Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Indonesia
    It's freemium already...

But, I have high hopes with Phosphor Games that they will balance everything.

But, I'm afraid that Zynga will re-adjust everything to make sure they can earn at least $199.98 per download...

Can somebody from Phosphor Studio explain this???

* Love the free-roam style!

5. CrunchyGamer

CrunchyGamer Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Partnership with Zynga... oh god why :(
    Better a pact with the devil and damn your immortal soul, but with zynga your entire existence in both worlds is doomed :p

6. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I do love free roam, but It's from Zynga... Having second thoughts, especially since its freemium...

7. PhosphorGamesGal

Apr 19, 2012
    Questions Questions!! :D

There are so many questions!! Boy where do I begin?? ^__^'

The game is a partnership between Zynga and Phosphor Games.

In an article by Inside Mobile Apps, Phosphor's CEO was quoted on the following:

“We don’t have the PR and marketing experience that Zynga brings. They’re the best in the business. We make the game, they give us creative control, and they are the experts at bringing it to social markets and getting it out there to millions of millions of people,” explained Phosphor Games CEO Justin Corcoran when asked why his company choose to publish with Zynga.

http://www.insidemobileapps.com/2012/06/26/zynga-partnering-with-phosphor-games-for-new-mobile-game/

Zynga has been nothing but amazing and we are happy to embark on this journey together.

This is a Phosphor Games Studio project and players who enjoyed The Dark Meadow will recognize that Horn falls within the quality of games our studio creates.

Regarding the questions about how the game works, we cannot reveal any information at the moment. You'll just have to wait and see :D

Visit the Phosphor Games forums for more information!

8. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    How soon is it coming?
    If you cannot say a estimated release date,

can you consider that Horn is roughly or nearly complete? :)

9. Martin JF

Martin JF Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    The way Zynga operates. I just dislike them as a company, and refuse to support them in any way.

10. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    As many others I dislike Zynga, but a free roam game that looks this good on iOS is hard to ignore.. I've read a few early hands-on impressions from GDC and they all praise the game. "Ten hours of gameplay over three worlds and nine levels, with bonus content sprinkled throughout" sounds great.I know they are capable game studio but lil bit sceptic about UE3 engine thou and how it will run on older devices.

11. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    I was looking forward to this until I read that ign article - tap to move.... It's basically infinity blade. This is not free roam. Plus no on screen controls, when will developers learn that we don't want to be constantly putting our fingers over all the action, we want to see what we're doing. Shame.

12. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Thanks for the video.

13. touchchamp

touchchamp Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Why does everyone hate Zynga so damn much? Some of the games they put out are not only great, but some of the best in their category. Take Zynga Poker for example. I play that every day, for hours at times, never spent a cent of real money, it's fun, and frankly looks great and has great features. What is the big deal? I also play Zynga Slots also for hours at times and never spent a cent. Same goes for Words with Friends and Zombie Swipeout.

What makes them so horrible as opposed to anyone else who makes games that have IAP? Their is nothing wrong with their IAP's and could even see myself buying one to support them. I just don't get it.

14. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
  15. Daver16

Daver16 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Gotta say that trailer has sold me! It really sounded like the actress from the beginning of Lord of the Rings the Fellowship of the ring haha. But from the trailer it looked a lot like Zelda and Shadow of the Colossus both which are amazing games so I have high hopes for this one!

16. PhosphorGamesGal

Apr 19, 2012
    HORN the official trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im looking forward see many people playing the game! I hope you like the game as much as I do

Check out the official trailer and DONT FORGET TO LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!! :D

https://www.facebook.com/HornGame

17. Sir Chubbs

Sir Chubbs New Member

May 11, 2012
    It's says it comes out August !

18. PhosphorGamesGal

Apr 19, 2012
    yup, its coming out this month!! :O

19. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    Early August? :)

20. mrpenbrook

mrpenbrook Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Just to confirm, Horn is free-roam. It is "tap to move" in the sense that you can tap anywhere on the ground, and if it is somewhere Horn can go, he will go there. Horn is not just combat, there is a lot of exploration, puzzle-solving, secrets to find and collectibles stashed everywhere!

We at Phosphor are not fans of "virtual sticks," we do not think emulating physical hardware is the future of touch-screen gaming. After spending many months developing and playing Horn, moving around in the game feels like second-nature; we hope players agree!