Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    And one more, just because of how many bad@$$ cars there are :)

Attached Files:

2. treasurestudio

treasurestudio Well-Known Member

Seriously, how good is this! Blasting along, road snaking around, gorgeous vibrant graphics and 80's style music blasting out. It's the closest feeling of playing Outrun down the arcades in like forever.

3. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    HOnestly, If they released this game on the PSN store for the PS3 I'd probably buy it again. It's seriously beautiful...

4. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    One of the cars I see I am racing against looks like the DeLoren from Back to the Future. Can I unlock this car? Another looks like a Lambroghini Countache. Same question :)

5. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Playing this with my Stratus XL is just too much fun. I'm 36 and this takes me back to the old skool 80's and early 90's arcade racers.

Love it.

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #106 Gwarmaxx, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    yeahhhh, it's a DMC DeLorean, i've posted the pic on the upcoming thread some days ago 'cause i didn't believe to my eyes, i'm playing vgs from late 70s and never seen it riding a racetrack in a game. HC should be bought just for that!!!

you mean Lancia Stratos, or the Stratus itself?
    if i'm not mistaken, think i glimpsed the Lancia Stratos in the bunch, but without the old Martini/Alitalia sponsors on it, as it stood at rallys in 70s and 80s.

7. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    No, the MFi controller Stratus ...

8. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    lol lol lol

sorry pal, i thought you were talking about the cars.

9. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Haha! No worries mate. A funny mix up!

10. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Just ran through a bunch more races. This game is hella-fun!

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Wow even Apple is impressed! Did anyone see what they wrote? Pretty awesome devs. Congratulations!

And look at all the user reviews. Damn son! Lol

Billy

12. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I hope this game makes bank for the devs.

13. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Yeah me too. If not there is something wrong with the world. There's a lot of talent poured into this little app! Quality stuff through and through.

14. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I will walk to the nearest Special K gas station and buy an iTunes card, and I will be chasing horizons.

15. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    This is an absolute gaming dream come true. I love everything about it. EVERYTHING! What I wasn't expecting was the challenge. The AI is phenomenal and never seems to drive the same from race to race; each race begins with a different car set-up, too. Small stuff like this makes me absolutely LOVE this title. TONS of content.

I hope the sound guy doesn't mind, though, that i choose to race every race with Night Flight from Outrun. The music is excellent, though.

Though I'll still give Heroki my vote for GotY, I wouldn't mind if this gem took home the honor in its stead.

Just a ridiculously beautiful effort.

16. bckrupps

bckrupps Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    i jumped on here to post my opinion but i don't know where to start and i don't want to write a complete story about awesomeness cause i gotta get back to playing lol

17. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    iCloud would be essential.

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea, this is a TRUE LOVE LETTER to retro racing fans. An absolute gem and a MUST HAVE for iOS gamers IMO. I can't compliment this game enough.

19. Lipedal

Lipedal Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Game Design Director @ Luderia
    Santa Maria, Brazil
    Didn't see what Apple wrote, where is that? xD

Game designer here. Thanks for the amazing feedback, guys! It's been really great to read through all your experiences and feelings playing Horizon Chase, and it really makes it worth the effort :D

We got our eyes on the issue when touch stops registering, and on the cloud saving problem. Also, it's awesome that you folks are adding fellow Horizon Chasers on Facebook to compete. Didn't see that one coming!

If you feel like, please rate the game in the store. Hope you enjoy the remaining cups and the endgame surprises. Keep the love flowing! :D

20. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Well, the control issue is WAY less important than I thought -- just realized you can swipe left on the control options screen for more schemes. Why would anyone ever race without auto-accelerate? So, no worries!