Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vexille, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JesusFabre

JesusFabre Active Member

May 31, 2015
    PR & Community Manager at Aquiris Game Studio (als
    Brazil & Spain
    Thanks!

The game is being optimized to run on low end devices and the tests are quite promising!

2. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    It's great to see developer's still willing make a app/game that still supports older devices.

Thanks for posting these updates for us Jesús. It's amazing just how far along Horizon Chase has come in such a short time.
    The new screenshots with he rain look great. Will the weather have any impact on the way the car will handle?

Do you plan to release Horizon Chase for iOS, PC and consoles at the same time?
    And will the PC version be distributed as standalone game or will it be via a digital game store like Steam?

3. J-who

J-who Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Web Developer
    Vancouver BC
    Wow this game looks amazing! I grew up playing the original Top Gears, the music in this one sure brought back a lot of memories!

I skimmed through the thread but didn't see anything on multiplayer. Will there be any sort of multiplayer?

Keep up the awesome work, can't wait for this one to come out.

4. JesusFabre

JesusFabre Active Member

May 31, 2015
    Brazil & Spain
    #64 JesusFabre, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    Hi there,
    wanted to wait til I came back to the office to give you an accurate answer after talking to the team. In regards to weather effects, they want to make it to have an impact, but still studying how to do it in the best possible way within the limited time we have to finish the game.

The game will be released first for iOS and afterwards we will release an adapted and enhanced version for PC and consoles. PC version will be distributed via Steam and quite possibly via the other popular digital stores.

Thanks for the support, will keep you updated!

5. JesusFabre

JesusFabre Active Member

May 31, 2015
    Brazil & Spain
    Thanks so much J-who!
    the first version for mobile (iOS) won't have multiplayer, but we have it in mind for future ones (PC and consoles) :)

6. JesusFabre

JesusFabre Active Member

May 31, 2015
    Brazil & Spain
    Short Interviews - Episode 2 - Tool programming tips.

This week we posted the second episode of our series of short interviews to the devteam, we talk with our programmer Gustavo Dort. He’s focusing on tool creation, a rather invisible task for players but really useful work to streamline the development process for the rest of the team. Gustavo explains his job and gives some advice to other devs at his same role

[​IMG]

7. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    Was checking out the Horizon Chase blog today, and found some new screenshots (i believe they are new). Game looks awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. JesusFabre

JesusFabre Active Member

May 31, 2015
    Brazil & Spain
    #68 JesusFabre, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    Thanks man, tomorrow there will be another one for #screenshotsaturday, this time we'll post our a pic of Acropolis of Athens (Greece) circuit!

9. JesusFabre

JesusFabre Active Member

May 31, 2015
    Brazil & Spain
    #69 JesusFabre, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    Here it goes Athens! watch out that torrential rain and thunderstorms through the Acropolis!

[​IMG]

10. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

How much will this be at release? Is there an estimate, it looks REALLY great :D

11. JesusFabre

JesusFabre Active Member

May 31, 2015
    Brazil & Spain
    Thank you!
    Cannot reveal the price for now sorry. The game will be premium and will have a huge load of highly polished content, so the price will be the usual for such games on the AppStore ;)

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This is looking too friggin good. Cant wait to play this!

13. JesusFabre

JesusFabre Active Member

May 31, 2015
    Brazil & Spain
    Thanks! we're putting all our efforts on polishment in gameplay and graphics, 6 months in development of nine really talented developers!

14. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

That looks like Silverstone on the minimap, not Athens :)
    Game looks slick tho, nice!

15. JesusFabre

JesusFabre Active Member

May 31, 2015
    Brazil & Spain
    Horizon Chase Devteam Short Interviews: Giovane Webster (Sound Designer)

More than 40.000 views in 7 weeks, that's a great mark for a new game's teaser (and an unknown IP). To make that possible we needed two weeks of coordinated and exigent work. This week we've interviewed our Sound Designer and Video Producer Giovane Webster to know more details and curiosities about the production of this beautiful work.

[​IMG]

It may look similar to Silverstone hehe, thanks for the good words Baracus!

16. JesusFabre

JesusFabre Active Member

May 31, 2015
    Brazil & Spain
    Tah Majal

Today in our #screenshotsaturday pic, all the eyes go to ‪Taj Mahal‬, a truly iconic and historic building. Our artists have put all their efforts in increasing the contrast to make it outstand during the most exhuberant moments of the day.

We’re participating in a contest to get a booth+accomodation at Gamescom. It will be a great opportunity for us to show the game to the players and press. Please support us by following Horizon Chase's page and voting our posts there. We're in second place now (!):
    http://playfield.io/gamescom/leaderboard

[​IMG]

17. orangebowl

orangebowl Active Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Dont know why but that reminds me an old arcade game, but i forgot the name of that game
    all what i remember is you are driving on a red car you can only steer left or right, and if you loose grip it flipped on the side ways i think that game was in the 90's

18. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I hope this comes out soon, and that it'll work on a gen 5 Touch. This looks so feeling awesome!

19. JesusFabre

JesusFabre Active Member

May 31, 2015
    Brazil & Spain
    Hope so. The team is working to get the game running smoothly on mid to low end devices.

We're aiming to release in August, but nothing 100% sure yet. We'll update the thread with the news as soon as we make it official.

20. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    I'm guessing that I missed the chance of beta testing but August is not that far away anyway :)