Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Final Freeway 2R. Closest to Outrun with 16-bit graphics that you'll ever come ;)

2. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Thanks Brazil, it was a blast! Moving on to South Africa. :)

Attached Files:

3. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Reporting back. On ip6+ running 8.4.1, tried hard reset and then uninstall-reinstall and still having issues specifically (now) with the accelerator input just failing to register randomly. It doesn't happen all of the time, but it's lost me several 1st place races. With that said, still loving this game. Used my MOGA Rebel and in-game controls are spot-on. All menus still have to be input with touch though (not even a gripe just a statement).And I've not had any input failure while using MFi, so it's strictly related to touch controls. What a fantastic game though. A complete steal at $3 ####

4. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    4th :D

5. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Laying off the gas helps in corners when you want to avoid traffic too. There are corners that are difficult to take at full speed with no lift off...I'm not too far in yet but I suspect there may be "slippery" conditions on some tracks too.

As far as control issues go, I've still had no problems at all. On Iphone 6 with the most recent ios version (that isn't beta)

6. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

So, bought. Played two cups. One word: awesome!!! Colours are perfect, playability also. And yes, brake is needed, you can't play with full throttle always on.
    One question: there is some trick to have a good start with gas before countdown? Or it not affect the start at all?
    And what about iCloud? I have iOS 9 beta, if I do a fresh install for next beta and I download the game, I will lost my progress? Thanks.

7. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Someone said there was multiplayer but I didn't see anything like that

8. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    I couldn't find a trick to do it. But I think it wouldn't work, because at the start the cars are so close together, you would crash into them directly.

9. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    This is up there in my opinion with cruisn USA and the remake of out run they did for the Xbox. I'm totally loving it. Graphics, sounds, controls its all top notch, and all this quality for 2 quid what a bargain. That's two credits in the arcades the last time I went!
    I can see this being my iOS racer of choice. Which is a great thing as I've been looking for a good racer to play for a while now.
    All round thanks and congrats to the devs, what a great week for iOS gaming this week has turned out to be.

10. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    So many games are released these days still lacking something that needs to be addressed in future updates, but it's clear that the developers here have lovingly crafted everything in this game to make it almost perfect. It's so slick, and you can see the care and attention that went into it.

No doubt there'll be enhancements and updates one day, but even as it stands, it's a testament to great mobile game design. So many racers just don't get it right, but Horizon Chase nails the controls and look/feel.

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    FF & FF2R... great games both, never uninstalled from my device!!!

but HC... oh guys, it's a MASTERPIECE!!!

Attached Files:

12. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Played it...it is a close one, but doesn't quite capture the "80s-ness" of Outrun. Plus I sucked at it, lol.

13. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    I had to play the second Race of Blyde River Canyon 01 in South Africa a couple of times. Specially when you wanna collect the blue coins.
    But I made it.

Now Greece is calling! :)

Attached Files:

14. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    #94 CoreyFox, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Totally awesome game! I am looking for some people to race against. Aka, connecting to Facebook.. PM me if you'd like to link up via Facebook to race..

Edited to say : I started an "add me" thread for Horizon Chase in our Forum here under General Game Discussion...

15. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I couldn't find any way to save except locally. I deleted and reinstalled trying to fix a glitch but it wiped my data.

16. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Finally got a chance to play this gem a little this morning and so far, I'm loving it.

17. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    This is quite brilliant but do the cars catch any air at any point? I've only played the first couple of tracks but the car seemed to stuck to the track which felt just a little bit odd.

18. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    #98 solarnya, Aug 20, 2015
    I thought of not to buy this game.
    but many ppl rated it five star so I went look the game's trailer up and so exited.

this game is suit to me because I don't like realistic race games

thanks from Japan to developing such great game!

I can't sleep tonight to play this game though it is 3:18 AM lol

edit: I could play better virtual control than MFi steelseries control

19. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    #99 F34R, Aug 20, 2015
    The only thing missing for me is iCloud saves... If I am at home playing on the iPad, and leave the house.. playing it on the iPhone, I'll be far behind where I am on the iPad. That goes the same way when I'm away from the iPad, played on the iPhone, then it's not the same on the iPad as far as progression goes. Ugh.

edit:
    ...and my steelseries stratus isn't working properly at all.
    Edit:
    I got it sorted. Working flawlessly now.

20. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I figured I'd share. I was pleasantly surprised that I unlocked both cars in California even though I didn't get every possible coin (because of missing a few bars of gas on 2 races).

Attached Files: