Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I got the update and still had it installed now it won’t open it just crashes out of the game each time I try to open it

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah not good. Rebooted my phone and still the same issue sure there’ll be a patch/update coming out soon to fix it

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Never heard about this one, or better yet, I thought it’s some sort of f2p Asphalt kind of crap. But reading all the praise here (and realizing it has just one IAP to unlock the full game), I’m definitely giving it a try even though a few years too late.

Unfortunately, as said in previous posts, the game crashes. Looks like a Game Center issue because it crashes immediately after the GC popup comes in. So I’m gonna wait for a fix - like I have another option, right?:)

ste86uk likes this.
  4. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Same for me, iPhone XS latest iOS...

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Same here. Same phone. Same iOS.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    How did they miss something like that...surely they test the updates a bit first?

@macplash when it’s fixed again it’s definitely worth checking out. Easily one of the best racing games on iOS. I loved it and spent so much time on it.

macplash likes this.
  7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Whoa, whoa. Easy there, cowboy! That’s a strong statement you got there. Remember, I’ve been playing a lot of Grid Autosport, so I wouldn’t throw “the best racing” description around lightly. I assume this one’s going to be more on a casual - arcade side?

ste86uk likes this.
  8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I said one of not the best, I don’t play enough racing games to call it the best. But generally I’m not a huge fan of racing games but I loved this one.

Not sure how you mean about casual arcade? It’s not like a high score chaser or anything, it has a world map with levels in different cities and I haven’t played it in a while but from memory to fully complete a level for us completionists you have to come first, collect all of the coins and do it in a certain time. I could be wrong!

I fully completed every level apart from I think 2 near the end game where I was struggling to get those coins. Definitely a game that needs your undivided attention.

macplash likes this.
  9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk you should definitely try the Reckless Racing trilogy by Pixelbite! One of my favorites ever - each one of them.;)

Does this game have some sort of upgrade system? Different cars? Or is it purely skill based? I guess I’m about to find out for myself once the fix hits the App Store, but it could take a while and I got barely 2 days. In less than 36 hours all my attention goes to Levelhead.

ste86uk likes this.
  10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash it doesn’t look like I’ve tried those like I said I’m not a huge racing fan, I think I got this one because of the hype when it released and the hype was there for good reason.

Unlock-able and upgrades for cars but it still definitely takes focus and skill. Hopefully they fix it soon so you can check it out before Levelhead hits.

Edit; also takes practice on some levels so you can try and get your position right for getting all of the coins! Doubtful you’ll get everything in your first race as you progress further and they get tougher.

macplash likes this.
  11. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    This is one of the best racers on the App Store for sure.

ste86uk likes this.
  12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I love the hype around certain titles. It’s like I bought Terraria on every single platform imaginable and I spent like an hour or less with actual gameplay - combined! LOL, so I totally get your point going out of a comfort zone to get something. The best part is if it actually pays off and you end up liking the game on top of everything else. Well, trust me with the Reckless Racing then.;)

ste86uk likes this.
  13. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Dear leader
    could i advised you to look into « final freeway »? This one is an hommage to outrun❤️

macplash likes this.
  14. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    At ease, soldier! Are you referring to THIS ONE? It has that Lotus Espirit vibe from old ZX spectrum era, only with more colors. I might give it a try for sure.

Skall likes this.
  15. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I do refer to this one dear leader. I m not fully sure of the current pricing but if around a buck i m sure you will not be disappointed! (And mfi compatible for the one interested)

macplash likes this.
  16. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    FF2R is newer and better, a great improve over the first one.

about Horizon Chase, i understand @ste86uk when he says that it's one of the best racer in the store, he's totally right!
    regardless of realism, and if you like or don't the arcade kind of racing games, this is surely a masterpiece, maybe one of the best in the history of video games, believe me... it's fast, super playable, sublime grafx an musics, lot of cars and trax... and super addictive... a true marvel for every fan of vgames, like it or not racing games.

edit> btw, originally it was a premium release.

ste86uk likes this.
  17. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Like @ste86uk, I haven’t played the majority of racers on the App Store but this was good enough for me to double dip on the Switch when I came out ages ago. It’s a masterpiece, a true love letter to classics like Outrun.

Gwarmaxx and ste86uk like this.
  18. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I’m refreshing the App Store every 30 minutes checking for new update, but nothing so far. I’m seriously eager to try the game!

ste86uk likes this.
  19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Had a reply on Twitter. They’re aware of it and are currently working on an update. No timescales but I’m sure they’re trying to do it ASAP

20. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Super excited to see what they are planning!