Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ya, 'should be fine' as long as you're ok losing cloud sync and having all the freemium mechanics from there on out. Lolololololololol. Not laughing at you, btw.

2. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    What are the freemium mechanics? There is a single IAP for a full unlock, and that's it.

3. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Btw, I wasn't implying that the game would stop working but all the in game mechanics would be swapped for different freemium ones.

4. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Ok. That is good to hear. Unless it is a content update I'll stick with my version. Pixel boat racing is one which the difficulty and other things were changed to encourage pay mechanics. I downgraded that back to v.1.15 happily and it's awesome again.

5. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Ok, I bought the game August 21, 2015 so this is why it worked fine for me.

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I've played with these kinds of things on mine and my wife's phones. I would try logging into your account on your sons iPads via the App Store settings in the Settings app. Then go back into the game and do the restore thing. Once it's restored, it should stay restored, so you should then be able to log out of your account on their devices and log their's back in. This method has worked for me when buying unlock IAP on my phone, then putting them onto my wife's phone (like the full game unlock of Sage Solitaire).

Of course, the app didn't also change from 100% paid to 100% IAP unlock in between, so mileage may vary. Hope that helps!

7. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    #627 Zevious Zoquis, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    I hadn't uninstalled the game and the update didn't ruin my game. Everything is still unlocked. I probably purchased the game prior to the date which appears to be the "safe" cutoff point though.

However, as I noted a couple pages back there was a SECOND update which went out earlier today which I believe probably has the "fix" in it for the problems the facebook post referred to...

Oh wait, if I try and start a race on a later track it does being up the "Buy Now to unlock" menu BUT as mentioned a few posts back if you just go into the settings there's a big green "restore purchase" button which if you click it and put yr itunes password in it unlocks the game...no big whoop. You may have to reboot the game before the unlock "takes" though.

8. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    So? Problem solved for everybody? Disaster averted? Apocalypse delayed?

:D

9. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Hi everyone,
    I opened the game today and now all the coarses are all unlocked again. I didn't mean to be so upset in my message I'm just really annoyed at the moment with the GameCenter bug that I and many others are having. This bug is making a lot of games not work or pointless and unplayable. I thought this was also effected with the problem locking the IAP, but this is not the case.

10. vrp

vrp Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Thanks Jerutix. This worked with a bit of fiddling. I tested on my youngest kid's iPad first because all he does is mow the grass. :D

For reference, logging out of his iTunes store account and into mine and restoring didn't work initially. It still asked for his password. I then tried deleting the game and reinstalling - same problem even after hard resetting. I then signed him out of iCloud as well and signed in as myself - no change. I deleted and reinstalled a few times with a few hard resets in between. It was still asking for his password instead of mine. I don't know why my son's login was being cached for so long even after I logged him out and reset and reinstalled but somehow when I tried just now everything's unlocked with no restore button in sight and best of all signing him back into iCloud seems to restore a few test trophies. I can now do the same on my other iPad and not have to live with a 5-year-old's tantrum over him losing his gold trophies. Phew. :D

I think I'll stick to using my iTunes account on all our devices in future and just forget all about Family sharing. Too much hassle. Thanks again.

11. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    There is a bug where the bonus races don't register the finishing times correctly. I have finished in first place getting the car and upgrade but in the map it appears as a silver trophy only... Is anyone else having the same problem?

12. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    There is a bug where the bonus races don't register the finishing times correctly. I have finished in first place getting the car and upgrade but in the map it appears as a silver trophy only... Is anyone else having the same problem?

13. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I haven't seen that problem. Just completed the game and all bonus races show as gold.

14. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Unlock last car?

I finished all the races in the game with the Pro stamp for normal races, and gold for all the bonus races. I got the message showing 122% completion, and all three special features unlocked, including another car. When I go to do a race, in the car selection screen I can still scroll to the end and it shows a locked car. Is there really another car that can be unlocked? If so, how do I unlock it? I don't see anything else to complete in the game. Thanks.

15. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I am.

16. lonestarcarper

lonestarcarper Active Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Something has gone horribly wrong with game with the latest update - I am not getting cars for competing pro stamp circuit and the bonus levels keep showing my best finish is silver I paid full price for the game before it went free to try. I am hoping for another fix additionally it appears to not be saving games correctly

17. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    I talked to one of the devs about this bug, and he said they're aware and working on a fix. I also can't load any Facebook friend info, which the dev said is likely related.

This game had been on my radar since launch, and going free-to-try is what got me to bite the bullet and purchase. So I guess their strategy worked! Love this game.

18. lonestarcarper

Nov 27, 2015
    Glad to hear they are aware and addressing it

19. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    So I got pro on all stages and got all the rewards and am at 122% but I'm missing a car... What is the top percentage you can get and how do you unlock that car?

I still have the bonus level silver bug, but if you replay them you can get gold (for a while), is this related to the missing car?

20. lonestarcarper

Nov 27, 2015
    I am in the same boat - missing cars and losing progress when saving