Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Well, the games scores 2/5 stars on iTunes after the latest update. Really don't understand why they didn't release Horizon Chase lite.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yes, but since I didn't own any IAP, it didn't restore anything. My experience throughout the years on the App Store is that when this happens and you removed your install, you've lost your purchase. Gameloft did something similar with a game a few years ago, and in the end they had to rectify and return it to premium because all the buyers were pissed off. They should've released two independent versions... The game is great, but the move marketing-wise is pathetic.

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I believe there have been times that this type of thing has happened and the dev made it possible to give you the full unlock by doing the restore purchase thing.

4. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    #604 Jerutix, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  5. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Thanks for the info guys. Glad I haven't updated yet. Hope they get this stuff sorted out.

6. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Ugh, I broke my game so bad. I did the refund thing, because I figured I could just re-buy it as an IAP to get around the issue. Yeah, that didn't work at all. Then I tried to make it work again by deleting and reinstalling it, which also didn't work. And then I tried erasing my data and reinstalling, which didn't work either. so, right now I've been refunded and don't have it on my phone at all, but I fully intend to re-purchase it at some point in the future when this has all been settled.

I wish I had just not updated it. :(

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    They probably saw the pitchforks, and decided to go silent until they could present a solution.

8. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Looks like there's a new update now. Hopefully fixes the issues all ye of little faith are having... :D

9. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I purchased the game full price now it says I have to unlock everything? WTF!!!!!!

10. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Why would you upgrade when you already owned the premium version. Geez

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    If thats the case that shouldnt be allowed man.

12. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    To anyone who owns the premium version, do not update to this free version. Everyone should no by now that it serves no purpose other than to ruin your premium experience.

13. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Not true. I updated yesterday (1.3.3) and it works fine here.
    Now I'm updating to 1.3.4.

14. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Not me. Been down that road to many times.

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I am someone who has never uninstalled Horizon Chase. I've updated to the newest version every time one's been released, including the 3 or 4 that were released in just the past few days. After updating if I tried to play any track after the first set of races it would slide over with a message that I needed to buy the full game. However, I went into settings and there's a big green Restore Purchases button. I hit that, signed in with my password, and now everything is back to normal.

I don't know if the same can be said for anyone who has bought the game originally, deleted the game since, and only redownloaded it AFTER this new free to try version came out. I just wanted to give my experience in case it helps anyone.

For what it's worth I don't think they're trying to screw over paid customers at all, and I'm hoping the Restore Purchases button works even for people who have previously deleted their paid version. I think that's what they intended to happen but it wasn't working quite right.

As for releasing a separate free version, yeah that's probably ideal from a customer's standpoint, but it comes with a lot of complications for the developer too. Also I have heard that Apple doesn't like having two versions of an app that are essentially the same thing, i.e. an ad-supported free version and a paid version. They'd rather you have just one app with an ad-removing IAP. With this game being so prominently featured by Apple I wouldn't be surprised if this was how they suggested doing things. Also the rate at which the devs are getting their updates pushed through leads me to believe they're working closely with Apple on this, but I'm just guessing.

Anyhoo, it would be rad if someone who didn't have the game installed anymore prior to the latest batch of updates could let us know if they're able to redownload the game and restore purchases or not.

16. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    @H4nd0fg0d Well, I'm sorry for you, it's clear they broke something.
    But Android version works in this way and I think they had to change for next content updates.

17. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    The Facebook post I linked to yesterday said that anyone who bought Horizon Chase BEFORE November 12, 2015 should be fine when updating, but anyone who bought it AFTER November 12, 2015 (I am in the AFTER group) should not update. That was for version 1.3.3 for iOS.

18. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I brought this on they day it was released and still have it on my device having not deleted it. I've done the latest 2 updates yesterday and today and everything is still unlocked just as it was before.

I do have one question which is to do with icloud syncing, I'm still using the old icloud not the new icloud drive but the icloud syncing doesn't seem to work. Do I need to update to icloud drive to make it work.

Can anyone help, many thanks in advance

19. vrp

vrp Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I have it installed on 3 devices: my iPhone, and on each of my son's iPads through family sharing. I bought it way back before the November date mentioned in the FB post and haven't uninstalled it. Everything was fine until yesterday. It still seems to be OK on my iPhone but I can't restore purchases on either iPad including with the latest 1.3.4.1 update. It asks for my sons' iTunes passwords and fails. I've read IAPs are not shareable - is that causing the problem? Does that mean I would have to either repurchase twice (once for each of my kid's accounts) or switch to using my iTunes account instead of family sharing on the iPads? Can I do this without losing any progress my kids have made (one of them has a lot of gold trophies on tracks that he's now locked out of)?

I have to admit that right now I'm wishing that the devs left this as a premium app and just made a separate version.

20. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Sorry to hear that. I tried to warn the guy below about ever updating a prem game to freemium. All the in game mechanics are changed to a freemium model which is always most certainly different than the premium model. Thee game cannot retain both.