Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. LethalX08

LethalX08 Active Member

Apr 16, 2015
    United Kingdom
    I'd assume people who paid should get the option to restore iAPs for free, if that isn't the case then i'm annoyed. We supported it while paid & to get shafted would suck.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There was no IAP previously, thus there's nothing to restore. You're gonna have to buy it again, I'm afraid.

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    So I'm guessing that no one has updated yet to see if it affects paid users?

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    are you kidding, right????????????

5. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Woof. That's really unfortunate if true. They should have gone with a separate version - this leaves a bad taste.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    That's me speaking from my experience on the App Store over the years. I'll know in a little while as I'm updating the game as soon as the new Dungelot is done downloading. I never deleted HC, so I can let you know if people who have the game on their devices are affected or not.

7. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i agree... a very bad taste!!!

8. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    For whatever it's worth, I just installed the game fresh on a device it had never been on before and it remembered my premium status and progress. I assume that was from the cloud, though, so no idea what happens if you've deleted it before connecting to the cloud.

9. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #589 Gwarmaxx, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    i had also a couple of experiences on AppStore, but nothing like this, MC... i.e. when Squaresoft republished Lara Croft & TGOL at 4.99, was a totally improved game in graphics and gameplay, and even so i've emailed them telling that i've already bought it, so they agreed and gave me a code for the updated/new (as you like, but for me was an update 'cause in the AppStore notes it appeared and still appears as an update) version.

kudos for Squaresoft behavior... now let's see what happens with this guys.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    If you haven't deleted the game, you're good I think. Mine seems to have remained "premium".

11. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    so, i can reinstall the previous version (have the ipa backup), then update it, right?

12. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I can confirm that updating when you already have the previous version installed preserves your premium unlock. So no paying twice. Same great game, now with iCloud syncing!

13. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    And if you later remove it and then download it again?

14. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I can't confirm anything about that. I would guess that now that it has iCloud syncing, if I deleted the game and reinstalled it, it would find my iCloud save and restore as unlocked. Shaun Musgrave posted a couple of pages back confirming that scenario, if I understood him correctly. Where someone might get in trouble is if they had deleted the game before the version with iCloud syncing came out, and then installed this new version. Then I'm pretty sure the game would have no way of knowing that they'd previously purchased it.

15. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    #595 indalico, Jan 21, 2016
    Apps have a purchase date in the file. So if the game checks for the purchase date, it could see if it was bought while it was still a paid app.

This is what I see when I redownloaded this game I bought months ago. http://imgur.com/9dFNuX0

I'm sure it's technically possible for the dev. to check. Whether it actually happens is another story.

Edit: I went in to restore purchase and I have the full game again.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This is the proof of the mess. I'm a premium buyer who already deleted the game after finishing it and was waiting for the updated version. I didn't have a backup of the previous version, so it was a fresh install of the new version. When clicking on the greyed out tracks, this is the message I got. I insist in what I said a few pages back: 2 different versions (premium + free to try) would have been the right way to go... :(

Attached Files:

17. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Is there a restore iap button? Have you tried that? And yes I absolutely hate when devs to this. I feel your pain. ☹️ Btw, where is the dev? Weren't they active here at some point?

18. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Does Horizon Chase appear in your purchased items list in the app store?

19. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Thankfully, I never deleted my game, but this is always my greatest concern when a game goes F2P or "free to try". There never is a guarantee that you won't lose what you bought if you deleted it.

I hope that if you can't restore purchases that the dev figures out a way to resolve this.

And, yes, separate apps is the best way to go regardless.

20. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #600 Gwarmaxx, Jan 21, 2016
    reinstalled previous version through iFunbox... add savegame backup... update to the new version...

et voilá, i f**k them all :D:D:D

it works that way today, if they try to be clever... so here i am