Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. JesusFabre

JesusFabre Active Member

May 31, 2015
    PR & Community Manager at Aquiris Game Studio (als
    Brazil & Spain
    Designing and iterating on user interface. A natural evolution.

Designing and iterating on user interface. A natural evolution.

The user interface is a really important aspect to any videogame.
    In Horizon Chase for iOS we had to find the perfect balance between the objectivity of a good mobile game and the simplicity we inherit from the classic references we took inspiration from.

In this interview we talked to our UI artist Leandro Verassani, who explains us how some key menus and screens were designed and their evolution through time until the game launched:

[​IMG]

2. Marcos stein

Marcos stein Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Your game is fabulous.
    Yes IOS9 is problematic, but IOS9.1 is a different story. It will be out soon and i hope you can fix some stutter
    that happens when a text shows on screen.

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Huge terrible flaw in the game is you can't advance unless you have a certain amount of tokens which is fine but their is no way to earn more tokens if you already raced all your races because it won't add tokens again from redoing a race you have already done. I've been stuck on section 3 for two months because there is no possible way for me to earn tokens now. Please fix this. It's terrible . Great game but what's the point if I can't get further. If it's a bug please fix the bug. I've never seen this in a game in this generation. Again this game is so in but what gives

4. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Sorry, but I think you are mistaken. I don't recall any of the many people who have played this game mentioning this token issue. There's got to be something you are missing...

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

tokens???

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Not sure if you're serious, but...

You need to "High Score" (or tokens as you put it) so that means replaying stages and doing better at them. You'll need to rank First at the race, and pickup all the blue thingies on the race track. If you ace on these 2 requirements you will receive the high score shown in the Track Score. Finishing the race with more fuel also adds to this score which can potentially give a score higher than the max, but the fuel bonus isnt needed to unlock further tracks.

7. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Yephad to delete the game and it started working again. Not sure what the issue was with it but it's resolved now. Thanks to the member who pm me

8. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Will this game every getting global leaderboards? Would love that addition.

9. Marcos stein

Feb 1, 2015
    #549 Marcos stein, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    Deleted

10. Other

Other Member

Sep 27, 2015
    iOS 9 was a rough transition, but it works like a charm again, for me, with 9.1. On an iPad Air.

11. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Fantastic game! Just beat the game with all gold medals. Too lazy to go for pro for all levels. But boy, getting gold on the last normal stage had me sooooo close to rage deleting the game. But whew..finally did it after like 20 or so races!

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Slowly progressing through this game, and was dropping serious hours on this the last couple days. Definitely got its hooks sinking deep in me. Fantastic fantastic game.

13. Marcos stein

Feb 1, 2015
    On Ios9.1 sometimes music stop working and sometimes the engine noise stops. And framerate is not stable on Ipad Air 2.

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I haven't actually been back to this for a while I've finished everything with gold and pro bar 1 level I haven't got pro on and I got irritated trying for it and haven't been back since.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just completed Bay of Kotor bonus stage in Greece so far, but everything before that is pro'd.

16. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
  17. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Been wanting this one for a while, and now that I have a little extra cash, it was the first game I bought and I was not disappointed! The nostalgia is super thick here, it reminds me so much of old NES racing games that I grew up with. The first thing that popped in my head was Rad Racer, followed by the scene from The Wizard where that kid was playing it with the power glove! Lol! Anyone who is 30+ should know what I'm talking about ;)

18. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Anyone try this on the Apple TV yet?

19. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Any updates with new content or icloud sync planned?
    Really great game but poor update rates.

20. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Since the last update the Aquiris logo when you start the is only part on the screen on my old iPhone 4s which is still on ios 7.1.2 after that the game runs fine still.

Just wanted to let you know