Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    [x] Bought it on day 1, got A TON of hours of gameplay for 3€, don't regret any cent spent on this game and supporting the devs ;)

On a side note, does anyone know which archives should I save to keep my savegame, uninstall it and reinstall it when the update is ready? It occupies a lot of space and I'm not using it any more until the update arrives.

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i've done a backup of Documents and Library folders, like many other games.

3. Nut

Nut Active Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Played for a min and my OCD kicked in. Pro'ed the first map on my first run. Great game!

4. had to come and say that this game is amazing! Usually racers are a little too realistic for me, or too easy and boring. This feels like a great old school arcade races. Controls are superb, strategy in the game is super fun. And the visuals will make you smile. Great one guys!

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks, will backup those folders then :)

6. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Hmmm this is doing my head in. Has anyone got working with a steel series stratus on iOS 9?

I have the controller paired and working on other games. The game recognises the controller asks for it to be used... Then does nada. I just sit on the track .... Nothing :(

7. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I didn't plan on buying this game. Not a big racing fan. Went on sale for 99 cents so I bought it. Man this game is good. Not just racing but collecting currency and upgrading as well and cars to unlock. Great game for $2.99 but at 98 cents it's a steal

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im in a somewhat similar, but different story.

Never intended to buy this despite how good it looked or how good the reviews were, but it's certainly hard to hold back when thigs drop down dirt cheap. So i bought it, and i actually thought it was pretty average. Im not really a huge fan of arcade racers in general, but i have been wow'd a few times before, so that means my standard for this genre is quite high.

Then came NFS NL... And it was love at first sight, only to be heartbroken on the second day of playing where i hit that stupid, inevitable timer-wall.

So i loaded up Horizon Chase again, just to scratch the itch of what NFSNL could have been. And man this time something clicked, HC dug its claws deep, and now i want to just keep playing and playing, unlocking each upgrade piece and each car into my collection. Im addicted.

True story, and a lesson learned. Love at first sight doesnt always mean a happy ending, while true love is just waiting, right around the bend. ;)

9. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Any news regarding the official soundtrack ??
    Thanks!

10. David1886

David1886 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Why such a good game hasn't got achievements?(

11. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I've noticed some framerate choppiness with iOS 9 as well. Not sure what the cause is or if/how it could be fixed. Playing on a 6+ with plenty of space.

12. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    perhaps try turning off multitasking? I noticed framerate issues when I would accidently swipe near the right edge and momentarily bring up the app switch arrow...

13. Marcos stein

Marcos stein Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Please fix the ocasional stutter that occurs on Ipad Air 2, it is annoying.

14. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Many Thanks!!! I have tried around 20 times to beat the level with Zeus and I was always 3rd. Now I read your post and I tried with macchina and with the FIRST try, I won a pro !!!
    :)

15. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    I only recently bought this game, because it was on sale it had my interest. But boy should I have gotten it earlier! It has so much good going for it. So many different environments to keep things fresh, but also different tracks that suite different cars. I'm having a ton of fun with it. It gets really hard towards the end now and I am replaying older levels to pro them now. It has a lot of replayability in that regard as well. The only thing I'm missing right now is achievements.

16. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Runs flawless on the 6s

17. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Does the game have a cloud save? I need some space, but I don't want to lose my progress.

18. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    It doesn't have cloud save unfortunately.

19. Barry Leitch

Barry Leitch New Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Here's the official update on the soundtrack.
    The remix competition was a HUGE success, we got 33 amazing quality entries, and we have 3 winners from the contest.

As for the digital soundtrack & remixes "double album" release..

Unfortunately due to some scheduling conflicts, and one of our remixing judges having a hectic touring schedule, we're waiting for their remix. I'm in contact fairly regularly, and have been told "It's coming". So rather than release it without this final remix, I decided it would be worth waiting a few weeks for.

The signed CD's have all sold, and I'll update the link on my website to sell regular cd's this weekend.

Cheers
    Barry Leitch

20. JesusFabre

JesusFabre Active Member

May 31, 2015
    PR & Community Manager at Aquiris Game Studio (als
    Brazil & Spain
    We are planning an update that will implement Cloud saving, hopefully will be out this month.

Regarding the performance issues on iOS 9, sadly it seems something general inherent to the OS,so many other games are suffering the same low framerate symptoms.