Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Sorry if this has been asked/answered before: Dubai level, second course, really long track, no apparent fuel pick-ups. I'm stuck here and feel like I'm missing something. Do I have to unlock a specific fuel-efficient car on a later course? Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Lipedal

Lipedal Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Game Design Director @ Luderia
    Santa Maria, Brazil
    Azurerush, could you tell me what's your device? We've seen some people report this, and we still don't know what it could be. Our best guess is that it has to be with putting too much pressure in the virtual buttons, in a way that they stop getting your input. Not a good guess though. I'd appreciate if you could provide more info :)

Hey Guise! Here are this level's fuel pickups:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's tricky because of the colors and speed, but they should be there. Please let me know if they're not! As a side tip, try not to hit too many signposts and obstacles, as crashing hard drains some of your fuel.

3. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Thanks! I found the ones on the right side of the track and finished the race. I must have missed the ones on the left, for the reasons you suggested (color, speed). Thanks again.

4. azurerush

azurerush Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I am using an iPad Air 2, it seems intended though like whenever it happens the dust blows from behind the car.

5. Dom1nat0R

Dom1nat0R Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    The new update says it "improves" some Iceland and Greece track difficulty. Does that mean its harder or easier?

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It's more balanced, I guess. Iceland should be easier from what I've read in this thread. I don't know about Greece. I think there were some issues with objects (bridges, tunnels, etc.) not detecting collisions.

7. azurerush

Nov 22, 2008
    I take back my words the sticky turning buttons are definitely not intended, and it's ruining the game for me. :(

8. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    This game is amazing!

9. Lipedal

Lipedal Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Game Design Director @ Luderia
    Santa Maria, Brazil
    VirtualBoyFreak is right! Reykjavik 03 was a real downer for most people, so we tweaked it to make for a better experience. It's naturally easier now, but the main point is that it's way less frustrating as it was before. Cars run more spaced out and the guy at the front of the pack doesn't have a nitro anymore. He was never intended to use a nitro, as the track is pretty hard by itself.

As for Greece, it's mainly adjustments in collisions. There were some props you'd run straight through, and there were props with collision boxes larger than their bodies. For example the pine lamps in Meteora, and I think Santorini too:

[​IMG]

You'd hit the tree even if you passed meters far from it. That's not hard the good way, it's just plain frustrating. It made a couple races from Greece way more tense and annoying than they should be. These kind of accident manages to slip by every now and then, and we gotta identify them as soon as possible to fix them! Even after launch :)

So sorry to hear that. They're not intended at all :( I passed your complaint along to our programmers, so they try to understand what is going on here. Stupid question, just to rule out one possibility: do you consider you put a lot of pressure in your input, or your finger just barely touches the buttons? I know this shouldn't be a problem at all, but we gotta investigate it from every angle.

10. azurerush

Nov 22, 2008
    I wouldn't consider myself putting a lot of pressure on the screen. When it happens and my car turns left or right even after lifting my finger off, I have to tap the opposite direction button to stop my car from turning. After that it goes back to normal.

11. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Are you sure you aren't just mis-interpreting the built in "driver aid" of the car sort of cornering on it's own a bit?

12. azurerush

Nov 22, 2008
    Yes I'm aware of the so-called auto driving part. The problem is this unintended turning causes me to veer of the road and into lamp posts or other obstacles.

13. pisiform

pisiform Active Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Wow. Finally finished it this afternoon. Stunningly good game that has had me dreaming of flying around tracks.

Please tell me that Australia will be coming at some point.

The only problem I had (for the devs) was that I found the steering buttons too small and that my fingers would slip off them at bad moments. How about resizable buttons?

14. Other

Other Member

Sep 27, 2015
    Anyone else noticing a performance hit with iOS 9? I'm on an iPad Air, and the framerate is a lot choppier since the update, making it almost unplayable. Bummer.

15. MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Bought this for $1 on the app store already loving it how did I not find this game before? Absolutely fantastic game please port to Steam guys I'd buy it day 1.

16. Nut

Nut Active Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Thanks for the heads up. Bought it at $1.

17. CDemps

CDemps Member

Sep 29, 2015
    3d Animator by day, developer by night!
    Ireland
    Bought this after it was featured on the appstore, great game, beautiful visuals, love the music, just all round a top quality game that really kept me engaged! Well done

Honda NSX ftw! :)

18. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    It's too cheap now

19. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #519 Crabman, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    Choose:

[ ] that's not fair,i payed 3 bucks for it and now it's on sale SUCH a short time after launch.
    [ ] Happens all the time,that's why i never buy premium games at launch.
    [x] i did not buy it before because of so many unplayed (premium) games sitting on my device.
    [ ] This is why i don't buy premium games at all.
    [ ] i'll wait until it goes free

As you can see,i'm also guilty ;) Of course i bought it now.
    I just checked out of curiosity.51 games installed,all premium except: Asphalt8

20. piraterob

piraterob Member

Sep 28, 2013
    This is great fun. It reminds me a lot of Jaguar XJ220 on Sega CD. I'm gold on every race except the India bonus which is a beast.