Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    You know what to do: contact devs with device model, iOS version, language set, etc., and if you're jailbroken, you can even search for your savegame and send it to them so that they can investigate. With the success this game has had, I'm sure they'll find out what happened.

2. darkelite

darkelite Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Yeah I sent them an email. I should be able to provide my save-game. Thanks.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Finally made it! 124% :D Position 125 in the global rankings.

As many others said before me, this game needs an endless mode linking all the tracks with random weather :) In any case, the best-spent money in the App Store in the last months.

Attached Files:

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm close to finished, only need 2 more pro scores now.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Did you get pro in the tutorial? I finished all in pro and didn't get the retro mode, and thought "WTF!". After checking all, I was missing the tutorial :p

6. EGVroom

EGVroom Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I would happily IAP to unlock Retro mode. That looks beautiful :)

Fantastic game.

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Ah I can imagine that being confusing and irritating but yes I did. I never moved on from any level until I had pro. Until the last area where I finished them all but have two to go back and get pro on as I failed to get it a couple of times and rage quit

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Anyone else struggle with Varanasi 03? Tried about 3 times today and a few yesterday and still can't get pro. I get all the tokens mostly on the first lap and spend the rest of the time catching up to the leaders but first and second and always close to each other and pretty far ahead of the pack. By the time I catch them it's always the last strip and few corners of the final lap and so far haven't had a chance of getting past them, got past second a few times but only right at the end. Been using Zeus since I unlocked it.

9. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Pretty much. I haven't played the game for a while now but I definitely hit a bit of a wall on Varanasi 2 & 3. Couldn't catch the first car. I wasn't worried about getting pro either - just trying to gold them.

10. RedDeath23

RedDeath23 Member

Dec 10, 2014
    I actually used 'Macchina' for that one and suddenly didn't have as much of a hard time. It's still difficult, that car just felt more suitable for the track.

11. Vexille

Vexille Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Lead Programmer
    Santa Maria, RS - Brazil
    Designing curves. Game design Post-mortem. Part 1.

Understanding Horizon Chase. Designing curves.
    "Horizon Chase has some 90’s magic running under the hood. The magic is what makes the game run smoothly in older hardware, and it ensures that the game feels like one of the old racers, with parallel lines running fast in the ground and a car that’s somewhat stuck towards the track’s direction. I’m not going into details here, but we had to figure out lots of workarounds for things that would be simpler if we just set out to make a full, realistic 3D game. Things like curves." Felipe Dal Molin (Game Designer).

[​IMG]

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    After finishing all the tracks with gold, I can affirm this game has been made with loads of love and respect to classics such as Top Gear. Many have tried, but few succeeded. Horizon Chase has. Congratulations :)

13. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Traffic jam simulator 2015

14. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Any news about a future updates?

15. elekchron

elekchron Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    What's the highest % you can earn? Also how do you unlock Australia or is this a future update?

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Australia's a future update. I don't know about max %, but my guess is 130-135%, because it's all about fuel. I did it at 124% and I am missing several max fuel gauges.

17. elekchron

elekchron Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Yup it's all about max fuel, currently on 127%

18. Lipedal

Lipedal Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Game Design Director @ Luderia
    Santa Maria, Brazil
    #498 Lipedal, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    DEVTEAM INTERVIEW EP 7: PROP CREATION BREAKDOWN

[​IMG]

Our artists Vitor Moura and Rodrigo Lima talked a bit about the whole process for creating scenery objects. I heard there's pictures from the future inside :D

EDIT: As for fuel, you guys guessed it right! 130% is the "hard max" score. 100% is trophies and Pro Stamps, while the extra 30% is about fuel. The catch is, we don't know what's the actual max score, because it's not possible to get 10 remaining fuel in every level. We did that to granulate the leaderboards and let the players fight to discover the actual max score. 127% is the highest percentage I've actually seen in screenshots, although I've heard of 128% somewhere!

19. azurerush

azurerush Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Sticky Keys

I love the game so far, but ever since Chile my controls have been wonky. My left and right turn button would become sticky meaning my car was still turning left even after I lifted my finger off the left button. It's really frustrating. Is this a bug?

20. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Lol... Straight up