Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013

An R34 Skyline, a TwinTurbo Supra, maybe a Lexus LFA and an FD RX-7 might be nice additions to the game! Keep the cars coming!

2. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Member

Oct 2, 2013
    The difficulty had spiked up towards the end of the India cup while I am having quite a bit of trouble in Iceland. Tracks are too narrow while the leading car is too fast. The difficulty for me is leaning a little towards unfair side.

I had all Gold for all the cups before India but somehow I had trouble unlocking the car in the Iceland Bonus event. There is definitely difficulty spike at certain point in the game.

Great game, by the way. Thank you for it.

3. shiny

shiny Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2015
    I agree the difficulty spike too much on that level

4. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

It's not that hard, just look ahead. Keep your eyes following the corners as far in the distance as you can (the horizon lol) so it gives you essential 0.3 seconds to prepare for the turn and overtake cars down the inside on the corners. Come off the gas if the road is congested so you can get past on the next bit of straight or cut inside them on a corner.

As long as you don't hit too many cars and signs you'll make it. Save the Nitros for the last couple of laps.

5. Dom1nat0R

Dom1nat0R Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    when is the 458 unlocked

6. Baracus

Before Dubai I think it was. My favourite car! Drove a real one for my birthday this year :D

7. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Would love to see new color options for cars and for the 458 to have "speciale" tweaks!

[​IMG]

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I envy you dude! I know what I'm going to ask for my next birthday!!! :D

9. Baracus

#449 Baracus, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    Yea do it!! Crazy bonkers car! The sound is something else!

I'm a huge Ferrari fan and it was my 40th birthday :)

Was expensive but kind of worth it for the experience. I did 1 hour on normal roads (in Maranello, Italy) and 4 laps of Modena race track! I would have regretted it if I didn't do it. Here's a pic!

Attached Files:

• 458.jpg
      458.jpg
      File size:
      344.6 KB
      Views:
  10. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Reykjavík No.3 is also absurdly difficult. Would appreciate a tuning pass for the Iceland tracks.

It is still hard for me because the collision of the game isnt as functional as it can be. The AI rams you, and their car barely slow down but you do when you rear end AI's car. Sometimes even into a halt. The AI also have a tendency to park in the middle of the road for no reason where tracks Reykjavík 3, this is an immediate restart.

Sometimes, the AI clumps up the whole lane, which I waste precious time on tailing them which now, I do immediate restarts.

The touch screen controls also has its own issues where it is no where are accurate as a gamepad or a wheel.

Horizon Chase should be a well balanced challenging game, not an absurdly difficult game that I need to put in hours to pass a track. And I do play plenty of racing games, not like this is my first racing game yet this game is quite difficult for me. What about an average mobile gamer who has extremely little racing experience?

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I don't play racing games and I don't struggle here, other than Mario kart and road rash as a kid and one game on a console many many years ago I generally dislike them as I'm not a time chaser it's no fun for me just to do that.

But anyway the game isn't hard for me so far and just requires some thought with overtaking, I have rej 03 unlocked but haven't tried yet as I got distracted by other games but planning on trying it tonight because of all the posts, but I generally pro score every level so far on my first try. Only a few have required a second because of awkward placements of tokens.

12. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I didn't have much trouble with most of the tracks either. Reyk 3 was tough until I got the Dust Devil, then it fell pretty quickly. But the last 2 India tracks I'm finding to be quite a grind and I don't have any more cars to unlock before golding them...

13. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    For the final few tracks I found the Loveride to be a big help.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Wow, sounds and looks amazing! I have to live the experience, since I'm a huge Ferrari fan too :)

15. RedDeath23

RedDeath23 Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Would anyone else be interested in a first-person camera option? I've been playing this game obsessively since it came out and it's an idea that keeps crossing my mind. It would just be a setting you could toggle in the options menu, maybe. Either way, absolutely love this game!

16. Baracus

Oh great! Another Tifosi! :)
    I love the older cars more (250GT Short Wheel Base is my favourite road car. 330P4 favourite racecar) but would love to have a current generation car at some point in my life - even if only for a short time and sell it again!

This was a surprise trip arranged by my girlfriend - a week staying in hotel opposite the factory at Maranello! So we visited the Ferrari Museum and did a factory / Fiorano circuit tour.

She drove a California the day before my 458. Much more reasonable price lol. 30 mins drive (we did 15 mins each) on the narrow roads in the countryside was pretty scary. Nice car also. More of a cruiser with a real muscle car exhaust note when you get it up the top end. Nowhere near as explosive as the Italia but it oozes quality.

17. Lipedal

Lipedal Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Game Design Director @ Luderia
    Santa Maria, Brazil
    Hey guys!

The first patch/update is taking longer than we thought it would, because we ran into some issues and we want to guarantee that nothing breaks.

Thanks for all the feedback! I had some balancing done in parts of Greece and Reykjavik 03, where the difficulty really spikes in a weird way. As for cup costs, race prizes and the overall difficulty curve, I saved myself the job as Baracus suggested ;)

Greece had a couple object problems though. Sometimes you would hit a signpost without really touching it, this kind of thing. We didn't make it easier, but it's sure less frustrating now.

Reyk 03 is a tough one... I understand those of you who don't want it to be easier. I have a lot of fun playing it and trying to finish first (I do get Gold most of the time, but then again I'm playing this for about 6 months now!). The fact is that the first placer, the Macchina guy, should not have a nitro on this track. And the enemies should spread a bit more so they don't clump in the middle of the road. As it stands now, it's a broken experience that ends up frustrating people way more than challenging them.

So, HUGE CONGRATS for those who already beat Reykjavik 03! It's really surprising to see you guys trying it time and again to get to beat the whole game! For all the others, update is coming tomorrow or the day after, with minor tweaks that should make it a more enjoyable race. Still, not an easy one. Then I'll appreciate any further feedback from you folks :D

Again, thanks for playing and for all the support!

18. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

I'm a little late to the party, but I must agree with my crew. This game is rad. (That's retro for awesome)

19. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've read somewhere about the Australia update which I guess you're working on (I still have to beat the game :p), but what about the next island? By next island I mean the one to the right of Australia. If you use two fingers and swipe with one, and quickly hold the screen with the other to swipe more before it has returned to the last level, you see the island I'm talking about. Is it going to be Hawaii or similar? :D

20. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I don't get all the excitement here for this game, the game definitely needs more racing variations, as is, all the races boil down to -
    try and overtake the initial traffic as quickly as possible without smashing cars from behind, then after the initial mayhem is done, slowly creep up on the last few leaders.

After the initial 2 cups, I see no reason to keep at it as the races just blend together and I feel like playing the same scenario over and over and over. Variations such as elimination races, or one-on-one with steer traffic would have mixed things up a bit.