Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Don't know if it's been mentioned yet on this thread, but this game rules.

2. Lipedal

Lipedal Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Game Design Director @ Luderia
    Santa Maria, Brazil
    Hey guys, just a quick question for those of you who are approaching the end of the game. How difficult it was to unlock the last cups? Did you have to go back and get gold in almost every track before United Arab Emirates and India, or did you already had the score you needed when you get there? Did you think it was "fair" or felt like you had to grind way too much?

Any report will help us review some balancing thingies for the first patch! Thanks :)

3. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

I would save yourself 1 job and leave it how it is now! :)

4. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Can you only see the times from your fb friends?

Is there no global time list for each race? Would love that.

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I haven't checked for leaderboards but Facebook friends don't even show for me, unless none of them actually play. But it just stays loading all the time for each level.

6. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I'm with Baracus. Even the famed Reykjavík No.3, hard as it was, never left you with the feeling that it was unwinnable (I can't fault you for succumbing to the temptation of making an O-shaped track at some point). I usually unlocked the next country long before I was anywhere near finishing the current one. There's not even a hint of grind about this game.

7. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    agree with Baracus, this is a tribute to retro racers in every sense, and old games were highly tough... so, for those always wanting the easy stuff, go to play something else.
    gems like this must be played, not only completed in 20 minutes and discarded!!!
    this means: Gold and Pro in every track before moving to the next one, and polish timing as much as possible... old 80/90s games taught us to tolerate frustrations!

8. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Ha! True that. It wasn't a given you would EVER finish a game. Not quite the same as the "trophies for everyone!" mentality these days...

9. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I was getting Pro on every single track before moving ahead, so I never had any issue with unlocks. But I can also say that getting first position in almost every track is fairly easy, getting all the tokens is what delivers the challenge. I think the pacing for unlocks is fine as is.

10. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013

I did very little grinding, but the majority of races were already won with gold, and a few silver. Getting to the end definitely wasn't all that difficult but we'll see how long it takes me to unlock retro mode! Some of those coins can be tough to get!

Just waiting for some randomized outrun style modes to keep me playing for a long time. Once you get all gold and stamps, unfortunately there isn't much else to do other than try to beat your best times...

11. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    One suggestion. On the iPad an option for the classic controls to be moved up to the center of the screen instead of the bottom. It's hard to balance the iPad for a long period of time using the controls on the bottom.

12. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Great game alot of fun :)

13. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    My love affair continues.

That is all.

14. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Man, I have 2 races left to gold and they are kicking my ass! The last 2 India races...can't seem to catch the first place car and I end up crashing trying to pass the second place car. Even when I run a near perfect race I seem to be unable to catch up to the front-runner. I've tried a bunch of the highest speed cars. Damn! lol...

15. Baracus

#435 Baracus, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    Well I'm not as fas as India yet but seem to just now be stuck on Dubai 02.

Golded the rest up to that point and got all the bonus race prizes BUT maybe I made a mistake with my penultimate choice of upgrade. I didn't pick the 'fuel' related one and now I seem to be stuffed. I can't even get past lap 3 of 5 before running out of gas. I do get the pickups along the start straight after I'm low (i.e not wasting them when I already have full tank) but it's not enough to get me another lap!!!

Related question. On the car stats is a low fuel bar a good or bad thing? I mean does a high bar mean it uses More fuel, or it's Better economy?

I tried cars at both ends of the spectrum and still can't get past lap 3 of Dubai 02!!! Help!

16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I'm still a bit stuck in greece# loving it though!
    I assumed that a high fuel bar in the stats means it is more efficient, the fuel will last longer. Good luck!

17. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I picked Fuel as my last upgrade and didn't have any issues. Are you sure you're not missing a set of fuel pickups? Some can be hard to notice.

18. Baracus

I managed a win in the Veyron :)
    Don't think I missed the pickups in any of the other cars but GPS was right that big fuel bar = better!

19. Dom1nat0R

Dom1nat0R Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    only 1 jdm car? :(

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    +1, I think that the key to Reykjavik 3 is finding the right car, along with player's skills. I also unlock countries long before I finish the previous cup, being difficulty comparable to Top Gear 2 (SNES). I feel changing Reykjavik 3 difficulty is a mistake, but to each their own. I also seek all gold trophies before advancing to the next track, but seeing Iceland unlocked was too much temptation to finish the previous level races. Now I'm going for them... :D

Attached Files: