Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I also got a pro on Reykjavik (after about 10 tries) and I also agree with you that the race devalues the game. Narrow tracks, sharp curves and 20 cars to overtake. Not so nice.

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The problem is that the track is intentionally designed to be very frustrating. Tokens are placed at the very edge of the track next to boards, the leader is always the same car and it always saves one nitro, by the time you're trying to overtake the leader he is surrounded by lapped cars. The length of the track is consciously designed to make lapped cars a huge problem. All this combined with the repetitive nature of the track make retrying it over and over an incredibly masochistic experience.

3. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    On my way to get pro stamps

Attached Files:

4. PrettygreatPhil

PrettygreatPhil Active Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Getting this shortly. Can't go past that artwork, sheeeeeet.

5. Black Square

Black Square Member

Mar 18, 2015
    My blue car got a scratch.

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I got the cast off my hand today. 40th place and rising fast...

7. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I remember in Top Gear 2 there were 2-3 tracks which were exactly like this. I think that 100% completionists have to cope with these things :D

8. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    To any of the devs, will you be adding the Koenigsegg as a usable car? It's probably my favourite car, and like I said in one of my other posts, I was slightly dissapointed that the Koenigsegg and a few other cars are un-unlockable. Will you be adding these in future updates or are they just filler? Because I noticed that there is only one of each car in a race.

9. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    There's a difference between challenging and frustrating. There are numerous challenging tracks in the game, but none so repetitive and frustrating as this one. It only serves to make the experience unenjoyable. The level isn't impossible to overcome, but it leaves a sour taste as compared to the rest of the package.

10. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013

Just wait until you get the yellow dirt racer car, pro on that race is cake!

11. Lipedal

Lipedal Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Game Design Director @ Luderia
    Santa Maria, Brazil
    I agree. We're adjusting Reykjavik and a couple other tracks and we should have an update online as soon as possible! Reykjavik should be very challenging, but not that frustrating.

Can't tell anything on that front yet, we're still planning the future. But it's an awesome car, isn't it? How do you think it would feel? Fast? Hard to control? Best nitro ever?

12. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I'm glad to hear you guys have something planned for that level. Hope I didn't come across too harsh, it's just that the missteps are more glaring when the rest of the package is so perfect! My favorite levels so far are Blyde River Canyon 02 and Acropolis 01. I love the pitch black parts in the Canyon 02.

As for the Koenigsegg, I think it would be an incredibly fast car with a great nitro but would also need very precise control.

13. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    My favorite tracks are the Dubai ones. I love that crazy city with the insane skyscrapers and the neon colors. I like the sand storms too!

14. Ale9721

Ale9721 Member

Oct 28, 2014
    Korea, South
    My game progress is 126% now! Now I'm just waiting for next update...

And I recommend DUSTDRIVER for Reykjavik03. That is a scoring car.

Attached Files:

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I Pro'd Reykjavik with Orient and 5 upgrades. It's not an impossible level, it's just frustrating and repetitive.

16. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013

Don't sweat that level, with the dust driver its very easy, just shoot for pro after you get that car. other than that, use the NSX, full speed for the first two turns then let off briefly for the last two turns, it's really not that bad!

17. Ale9721

Ale9721 Member

Oct 28, 2014
    Korea, South
    #397 Ale9721, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    For me, Varanasi02 was same as your Reykjavik....

18. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #398 ironsam80, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Got all tracks gold and all tracks PRO but didn't unlock the third prize
    classic mode (after the Delorian unlock)
    . Does anyone has unlock it?

Edit: Maybe it's a bug. In the Unlock screen didn't unlock it but after check it in the option menu and it was there.
    So 100% finish it....
    Tremendous experience... As an 80's child love every bit but in general is a fantastic arcade racer so don't hold your bucks...
    Now i hope the sales will be superb for the devs to consider an, point A to B mode... I imagine a trip from California to India with every race will be different because every time will be a random selection from the tracks of every country (i know a lot of work but....)...

Awesome job devs.. Awesome!!

19. Ale9721

Ale9721 Member

Oct 28, 2014
    Korea, South
    Check the tutorial.

20. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    After i discover that was unlocked on the options i played a random track and by finish it the game show me that i unlock the third prize and bla bla... Maybe it's a small bug because by finish the last track in India i was able to unlock two prizes (the 2nd and the 3rd) at once...