Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Ale9721

Ale9721 Member

Oct 28, 2014
    Korea, South
    Great game.
    It's graphic, music, volume, level design, difficulty and price, everything is well-balanced.
    Every car in the game have their own feature.
    I wish there will be added iCloud support and quick(+endlees) race and color customizing.
    AND more cars and stages!

Now I'm driving for retro mode, my game progress is 96% now. But I think make it to 100% is really hard to me. lol

2. Lipedal

Lipedal Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Game Design Director @ Luderia
    Santa Maria, Brazil
    Hey Derprozess! The condition for a Pro Stamp is collecting all blue tokens in the track, and get 1st place. When you get back to a race you already won, all tokens will be there waiting for you to catch them and win the race :)

It's pretty hard, but it doesn't have to do with beating your best time. Gold trophy and all blue tokens, that's all. See it as a long-term late game that you can beat a little bit at a time.

About scoring, you only get more permanent score (something other than "+0") if your total score in that race beats your previous one. That is, Position Prize + Collected Tokens + Remaining Fuel. That doesn't depend on your time, and having a Pro Stamp or not.

3. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    If your answer was not sarcastic - Yeah it's the only way I can increase %... It'll take some time until reaching 100%...

4. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Thanks a lot for this replay! Now that I know what I have to do, back to driving :D

5. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    No sorry it wasn't sarcastic !

By the way a speed start is it possible ?

6. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Just unlocked the Delorean, now time to get those pro stamps! What a feeling of accomplishment though getting all golds!

7. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I find the 'hit box' on the right turn button to be too small. It should extend to the middle of the screen. I keep missing it. Ideally, the whole UI would be customizable, but this is the only thing I find to be a problem.

8. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    #368 sapphire_neo, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    All the cars are situational and are suited to different styles of driving. On a track with long straights you will do well with a car that has high speed but low handling/acceleration. On a track with lots of sharp turns you need high acceleration and good steering. Also, many of the later cars are much better.

9. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Agreed, that's my only gripe with the touch controls. I wish the hit boxes for the turn buttons were both larger and and farther apart, or maybe just configurable to suit everyone. I frequently think I'm hitting the right turn button but nothing happens because my thumb is a little too far to the right. I also wish the nitro button was a little farther above the turn buttons, because I hit it too often accidentally.

That said, most of the time I've been playing it at home on my iPad with a Mad Catz CTRLi controller, and the controls are perfect. My only slight gripe with the controller support is that it only works for driving, and you still use touch controls for everything else. I'm fine with using touch to navigate menus, but I'd at least like the pause button to work for pausing a race.

Overall this is a fantastic racer. Definitely one of the most fun iOS racers.

10. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Personally I actually prefer it this way, where the different vehicles are just different rather than hierarchically better. It makes it so the number of vehicles you have to choose from gets bigger the longer you play. In games where each car is better than the previous one, usually only the latest few cars you've gotten are fast enough to be competitive, and the rest of the cars that you got earlier in the game might as well not exist any more.

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    couldn't be more in agreement with you pal, wise words.

12. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I agree, though I switched to tilt and never looked back.

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I have been crusing (bad pun intended) and thought I was good but man does the difficulty ramp up at Greece. I gold trophyed every race in the previous four areas but Greece is killing me.

And I'm loving it.

14. rushmore

rushmore Active Member

May 31, 2011
    #374 rushmore, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    I am not saying big Asphalt style jumps, but just a little tiny bit like in Vroom (F1 on Megadrive) where there is a little off hills at high speed. Hugging the ground "bugs" me just like it did with Outrun when released in the arcade. Appreciate though why folks would think this could mess with the current game.

The game is great none the less, but this touch would add butter to an already tasty biscuit/scone. This is my last post about it since no value in annoying folks with repetition about it.

Just an opinion :)

15. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Are their any driving RPGs style games. Like u upgrade ur car and level up

16. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    If ur not offended by F2P and "pay to win" (aka IAP), GT Racing 2 and Real Racing 3 are both more like a traditional sim racing experience ala console. Both offended me with the timers and multiple currencies, but to each his own ;)

17. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Same here! But I think Island isn't that difficult compare to Greece

18. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    wait until you guys get to Iceland, esp Reykjavik

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Nearly there, but I've been treating myself to just doing a couple of races a day during the week to make the game last longer. Got pro on everything so far but I've seen multiple people mention that place so we will see how that goes!

Also as for the cars I have tried a few of them for different situations but my main car so far seems to work for pro on corner maps and straights. But maybe I'm just not at the really hard stuff yet but I am closing in on the last zones.

20. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Got Pro on Reykjavik 03, but it is a poorly designed track in almost every way. It tarnishes the overall experience of the game and is the kind of thing that usually gets me to stop playing a game.