Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. RomanReigns

RomanReigns Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    #321 RomanReigns, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Oh, i get it...yes mate, each upgrade you install takes effect immidiately and its permanent

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Just popping in to say... damn this game is good! Typically, I do not care for racing games, but I love this one!

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Thanks....appreciate

4. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Wow, it's pretty disconcerting to read some of the reviews on the app store. A 1 star review because the game is not realistic?? Ummm, did you miss all the references to Top Gear and Outrun? Somebody else complains the game is too hard and that he can't even get through the first cup?? I mean I don't consider myself to be any sort of brilliant gamer really and I've managed to get all the cups unlocked and gold the first 3 or 4 in about 5 hours of gameplay time...I don't think it's all that hard. I can only assume some of these are very young people (like, kids I mean), because assuming otherwise sorta makes me sad. lol...

5. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Cool! This is the only racing game I play that I have left the music on, it just doesn't feel right without it. Awesome game, front runner for my game of the year... So far #

6. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    It's been a long time since I've played a racing game on iOS. I like this one a lot, all the cars and different tracks and the music makes this game great. I'm on the last cup and got gold on everything up to this point. Iceland was the toughest cup for me so far. Really great game.

7. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I guess that person never even finished Mario's first level ^^ maybe he gives all the games that aren't candy crush's like a one star

8. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    My 8 year old son's review "dad you know what's great about this game.... You can just like play and you don't need lives or anything."

Sums it up perfectly (although there is more to what makes this game great), but also speaks volumes to the sad state of perception of mobile games as a whole.

9. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I haven't unlocked it yet, but I recalled the Sesto (not Cesto like I stupidly spelled it before Lol) having orange trim on black/grey....but I certainly could be wrong (like below, Doh!) I thought the Murcielago was the all black one.

I stand corrected! Should've looked harder at the front end :)

10. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Somewhere in the thread, without going back 20 pages, there was a mention of adding an endless mode....heck, a road trip in the vein of Outrun would be pretty sweet too. I was checking out the trailer posted in the GOTW article for this, and there's a part where it shows what looks like a potential "roadmap" for endless.....here's to hoping!

Attached Files:

11. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Do you have a Wii U in your home? Have you considered one?

If I did end up with children someday, I would feel compelled to give them the closest thing to NES Zelda that I had growing up. You're absolutely right about the industry, but luckily, we still have a few options left in the market for us jaded folk.

12. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    This game angers me.

13. rushmore

rushmore Active Member

May 31, 2011
    #333 rushmore, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    I know it seems picky to some, but would prefer if the cars gained some little bit of air rather than hugging the ground coming off hills at high rates of speed. I know older games did that, but there were technical reasons in most of those cases.

A wee little air would be the final piece to make this pure classic IMO. I owned a C64 and then an Amiga 500 and 1200 in the late 80s and early nineties, so appreciate the games :) That said, Vroom and Stunt Car Racers were two of my favorite Amiga racing games and both gained air when the hill and speed warranted it :)

BTW, would love to see Stunt Car Racers and Vroom reimagined on Android and iOS as well :). I play them on Amiga emulators with Android, but Horizon Chase has inspired me to see them advanced.

Added: Vroom was also released on the Genesis/Megadrive as F1.

14. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I vote for no jumps. For the same reason why the "auto-driving" must stay.

15. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Random thought but I would love if some one brought back a game like Spy Hunter! That game was so Much fun back in the day...

16. xkiller006x

xkiller006x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    I absolutely loved this game. I already beat the whole game with pro badges on every race. So it came out to a total around 124% completion. I would love to see more races added later on. Only complaint is the hackers for scores on Game Center :/

17. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013

No to the jumps, that would probably ruin the whole game.

18. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

How many music there is in total?

19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I would love to see a mode where I can run my opponents off the road. #

20. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    ^they speak the truth. this game is fantastic just the way it is.
    I keep coming back to this forum but don't have anything new to add to the discussion apart from just repeating how much I love it. #