Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yep, it great. I would love a head-to-head ghost mode with friends.

2. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Game is great so far.
    Don't even consider to reduce the amount of cars like someone wrote in previous comments ! It's very good to be challenging and be like F-Zero !
    If someone cannot play it regularly is because he doesn't play well in the first place and he/she wants to pay - cheat to advance...

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    F-Zero!!! That was my favourite game in the past, made me buy a SNES ^^ no I don't want less car either, but what the dev could do is let us play qualification to see in which position we would start the race, and maybe make the AI stronger so that even if we start from the first position, we would still have to fight to keep it

4. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Best racing game on mobile by a mile!

5. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    True that! And one of the GOTY so far!

6. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I wouldn't mind some non- sports cars with arcadey unrealistic race specs like a Beetle, maybe one that pokes fun at the Google car, or silly stuff like a pickup truck or a nod to F-zero with a hover car.

7. RomanReigns

RomanReigns Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    its funny that its only you that crash with boads and AI just passes through it....Devs needs to fix this

8. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
  9. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    huh?

10. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Prolly talking about the obstacles on the sides of the track.

11. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    So he's saying it's unfair that the AI can drive through obstacles but the player can't? If so, I guess yeah...it's sorta unfair, but this is a video game not the real world. Real world rules don't really apply. I mean I doubt the AI cars have to worry about fuel usage or picking up coins either...

12. RomanReigns

Aug 28, 2014
    #312 RomanReigns, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    I dont disagree with you mate but i've been playing this one since the launch and seems the difficulty increased ( IN REFERENCE TO OBSTACLES ) after unlocking Chile..im neither crying nor moaning abt but its been too difficult to win..Im just expressing my views :)

13. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    #313 Zevious Zoquis, Aug 24, 2015
    Chili? Really? I haven't found it all that hard up to Greece.

EDIT - oh in relation to obstacles...well I've got all the tracks unlocked and I don't really find obstacles specifically much of an issue. However, the tracks definitely get narrower and tighter and that makes everything tougher. Still, you run a race a few times in a row and you get familiar pretty quick. I like the difficulty in general...it's frustrating at times, but it never really stops being fun for me.

14. Lipedal

Lipedal Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Game Design Director @ Luderia
    Santa Maria, Brazil
    #314 Lipedal, Aug 24, 2015
    Just a quick heads up, guys! Soundtrack will be available October 1st as a digital download on iTunes, Amazon and Spotify as far as I know, and we're working on iCloud integration! :D

There's a remix contest going on at http://www.gameaudioacademy.com/horizonchase. You can follow @BarryLeitch on Twitter for more info on the OST launch.

Congratulations DantBro18 for having finished THE WHOLE FREAKING GAME already, that's amazing! Though I'm still waiting to see a Share postcard with that secret option turned on :)

15. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I want to buy this game but want more than to see how far I can go .
    Is their upgrading cars in this game and if so how is it done. Do u get paid where u finish and spend on parts

16. RomanReigns

Aug 28, 2014
    The game's really too addicting..sometimes I rage quit the application and then get back to it with a minute or 2 :p

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I have what may be a stupid question, but.... Do you have to choose which upgrade you want before the race?

If I have three unlocked upgrades (Engine, Differentials, and Turbo).... Are all three baked into my cars stats OR do you choose the one you want to take effect?

18. RomanReigns

Aug 28, 2014
    You've to choose either of them to fit inside the car and same upgrades takes effect in all the unlocked cars...means you dont've to unlock the same upgrades everytime

19. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Thanks, but didn't follow that. I guess the question is....do all three of my upgrades automatically take effect or do I have to select which one I want before each race?

Thanks again.

20. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    there's about 9 possible upgrades. Each time you get third or better in one of the bonus races, you get to choose from 3 of those 9 total possible upgrades. Once chosen, that upgrade is always installed on all your cars. Iow it's a "fleet upgrade."