Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Mike,

Games aren't always about graphics. It's about the actual gameplay. The games you spoke about are IAP ridden paywall games where you must constantly pay to have fun. If you pay more you will have more fun, to pay more to have even more fun! That's no fun at all. Horizon beats the games you mentioned hands down. The gameplay is fun. The graphics are fun and unique. You need skill to succeed. There is a great sense of speed and accomplishment. All for one single small price. Your comments are everything that's wrong.

Billy

2. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    No need to insult the guy just because he doesn't agree. Calm down, peeps. So he spewed a bit of tame hate on the game. Big deal. Doesn't make you enjoy it any less.

Now, back to praising the game! :)

3. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    May have noticed a bug, was using the black/orange lambo and when coming out of a tunnel it seemed to have lost its engine sound. I'll try to recreate it and post back here. How cool is it that the cars engine sounds echo in a tunnel and that every car has its own distinct engine sound!

One request... When flooring the gas at startup, if you double tap and hold the gas pedal, let you smoke up the tires! Things like that just feel cool! [emoji106]

I have to say, other than Alto's Adventure, this may be the most beautiful iOS game I have ever played... And I've played a lot!

4. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    The only thing I wish was different about this is the fact that you're stuck to the road and never get any air.....

5. dirtschmooz

dirtschmooz Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2015
    icloud save please

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Was there any air in Top Gear 2? I don't remember.

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Don't let iCloud stop you, I like having iCloud too due to my iPad and iPhone and keeping saves but honestly I'm happy I got this game and it wasn't even on my radar at all this week.

I just play on my iPad I could start a separate one on my iPhone I guess but I have enough games on there anyway so I'm happy just playing on my iPad, looks much better anyway. But honestly don't miss out for that.

As for the troll I haven't even played any of the games people are mentioning this has inspiration from, I'm 28 and the graphics aren't even old style they do look very modern to me it's just a different graphical style to me like Borderlands was as the first cell shaded game I played.

8. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Obvious troll is obvious.

9. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Wow we’re the same age here
    I remember playing top gear on the genesis at that time, that’s my fave racing game on the console and if I went to the arcade it’s outrun :)
    This game is like the combinstion between those two with awesome graphic style ########

I don’t like game that’s full of IAP so last racing game I played on ios would be the 1st real racing and the need for speed I don’t remember which one but this totally blew them over even with it’s arcade style ########

Any plan for awesome update dev?

10. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Nobody is insulting him because he doesn't like the game. We're insulting him because he is obviously trolling. Anyone is free to not like the game but if you are going to post about it you might want to have something a bit more insightful than "nothing but old graphics for old guys" to offer...

11. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    It would be a hard list to put up without pics, but they are all modeled after the real thing. The orange and black Lamborghini is a Cesto Elemento, the 1st red car is a Ferrari F40, the blue car u win early on is a Viper, the light blue one earned early on is an R8.....for a few examples ;)

12. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Barry Leitch said on twitter that he is going tweet some details about the soundtrack today, possibly a way to purchase it :D I'm hoping iTunes but Bandcamp would be cool too.

13. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Ferrari F50 actually ;)

14. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    The orange and black Lamborghini is actually a Murcielago, if that is the one you're talking about.

15. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Any chance to get a Nissan Skyline GTR? It's by far my favourite car. I played Inital D especially for that ^^ otherwise a Lamborghini Countach would be really nice to keep the retro vibe

16. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Question for the devs:

Any chance you could implement a weather option for each stage? I absolutely LOVE the rainy and thunderstorm stages.

17. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    That would be lovely!

18. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Member

Oct 2, 2013
    A Quick Race mode would be great, like you can customise the AI difficulty, numbers of AI, weather, number of laps and so on.

Heck, why not just have a championship creator, like the ones in Race Room where you can pick a few tracks and create your own championship with standings tracking? Even better if you can send your custom championship to your friends!

19. blue rocket

Nov 27, 2013
    Here are the real life counterparts to the vehicles I've unlocked so far...

Cruiser - Ferrari F50
    Infinity - Dodge Viper
    Dynamite - Dodge Charger
    Bliss - Porsche Panamera
    Crimson Chief - Ford Mustang
    Madbot - Chevy Camaro
    Fancy Grey - Audi R8
    Ghost - Mercedes CLS63 AMG
    Haze - Lamborghini Murcielago
    Orient - Acura NSX
    Zeus - Bugatti Veyron

20. blue rocket

Nov 27, 2013
    Horizon Chase - World Tour (by Aquiris Game Studio)

I'm strongly recommending a double tap then hold the accelerator to do a burn out while waiting for the green light! Pretty please!