Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. pillzhereish

pillzhereish Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Student
    I can't believe how fun this game is! I don't care much about "retro" stuff, and I didn't experience the period in which Outrun and the lot were famous, but damn... this is so much fun! The music is incredible, the litthe speech bubbles are fun, the racing is exciting... It kinda stole me away from FF7, that should say something.

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY

Couldn't agree more with all points made

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Top Gear is one of my all time favorite racing games, and now Horizon Chase falls in the same category! You guys did an amazing job here.

4. chamillion205

chamillion205 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2011
    hotel cook
    BIRMINGHAM
    Must buy.... U don't even have to like the genre to enjoy this nostalgic title. This game is just all around fun.

5. ggill

ggill Member

Aug 23, 2015
    system administrator
    carmel
    Nice Game

I have played this game.Its Seem to good game.

6. idaveharris

idaveharris Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Brilliant. Bought it on the back of game of the week and could possibly be my favourite game of 2015 so far on iOS.

Endless mode is surely on the developers todo list. A multiplayer / tournament mode would also be fun if implemented right. And I guess Facebook scores will be fixed soon.

7. idaveharris

idaveharris Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Also Game Center achievements maybe?

8. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Love this game, although some races (like the 10 lap circuit) made me rage, I finally 100% the game, all gold trophies and all pro scores, I loved every second. But I am slightly dissapointed that there was no Koenigsegg Agera unlock, as well as another black 80s looking car that you are unable to use, are these secret unlocks? Or will they be added in the next set of tracks, which I assume is Australia?

9. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    @Lipedal, is the soundtrack available for purchase anywhere?

10. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    This game is absolutely fantastic. People, please leave a review on the app store if you really like it, instead of just commenting here. Those ratings really help developers get their game to a wider audience.

I can't really list anything I'd want to improve... aside from having more tracks, even though there are a ton in the game already. Everything about this is awesome. It was an easy 5* from me.

iCloud is one thing though. I'd want to also play this on iPad since the graphics style looks so good and would be even better on a bigger screen, but I also want it everywhere else on my phone... so yeah.

11. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    What was the 100% pro score bonus? Spoiler tags are fine. Thanks.

12. rushmore

rushmore Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Can you get airborn some when hitting hills, or is this game a road hugger like Outrun?

13. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
  14. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #254 Andy C83, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    100% Chile and Brazil, a good mornings work. ;)

15. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    It's totally what I expected it would be, done with a good amount of polish. Hasn't bitten me with the one more go bug yet but we shall see. Bought largely due to the mention of Lotus Turbo Challenge, and while in reference to the musician, it feels of the same breed.

16. life2ifeless

life2ifeless New Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Are there any endless stages in this game? Like in outrun you can just drive and collect hearts, while beating the time limit.

17. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Love the game so far. Easily the best racing game on mobile at the moment.

Still, will the soundtrack be made available for purchase in the future?

18. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    #258 TotallyImba, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    Why oh why does this game not have iCloud? It is the only thing stopping me from buying this. Ah well no harm I suppose in having to starting the game again on another device.

Anyone know what the cars real life equivalents are?

19. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I usually play on my Air 2, but put it on my phone too for the times that i don't have my iPad with me. Strangely enough unlocking stuff again doesn't bother me that much this time.

To the devs:
    I would like Gamecenter leaderboards for the accumulated best times of a region or city. So people don't have to become friends on facebook and thus sharing their info and private life with "random strangers".

20. Does it rely on in-app purchases for upgrading?