Universal Horizon Chase (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 20, 2015.

1. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    can anyone suggest which car to use in Reykjavik's 3rd race (10laps circuit)? I keep getting 2'd with the CC (red muscle car) and i tried the bugatti and lamborghini but to no avail

2. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    can't believe I'm playing this more than anything else this week. more than the guides, galactic keep it any of my other games. seriously loving it.

3. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    OH MY. this game is making me rage. Keep hitting the backs of cars...can't pass 20 cars...I'll be in second about to take 1st but then I hit a car....too many cars...I've almost threw my iPad at the wall, dead serious I was so close to destroying my iPad because of this game, fun though, but it has me cursing and it almost brings me to tears when I keep hitting cars.

4. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    #204 icoker, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    there is simply too many cars. and yes I cant get a 1st at all with all the other cars in my way. PLEASE REDUCE THE NUMBER OF CARS.

The track is ridiculously narrow in Reykjavik's 3rd race and there are 20 cars. Plus its a round circuit. This seems to be a critical game design flaw. Difficulty is one thing but this is just unreasonable.

5. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    I agree , it's rage inducing. I have to restrain myself from breaking my iPad. Too many cars I keep hitting them and my blood pressure goes up and I want to cry

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh look...8BitFlash is complaining about something. Feel like suing these developers too?

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    That's some strange mix of emotions, I can get really angry at games but it doesn't really happen here for me and I go to anger management.....if it were a plain open road it'd be too easy and pointless.

I had one where a car drove into me and stole the win literally on the finish line but I was just amazed and slightly miffed then tried again.

8. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #208 Crabman, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Makes me think if he ever played games from that era.When games were REALLY hard and frustrating :)

i like the amount of cars btw,there is always something to do :)

9. BombenBob

BombenBob Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Hey Guys
    Anyone know whether it plays good on iPod Touch 5th?

Thx

10. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah exactly, games were 10 times more difficult in the 80/90's

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I would love to see people who whine about this game play Enduro, during the icy nights! You can't see, you're sliding and you have to overtake 300 cars :D

12. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    lol, some dope gave this a 1 star rating on the app store. :rolleyes:

One of the reviews there notes an "auto driving" feel to the game and its something I've noticed too. You can lift off the steering buttons all together and the car will continue to turn a while. However, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. The game is as much about how you go about getting by the traffic as it is the actual driving and you certainly can't get very far without carefully controlling the car. I suspect the auto-driving is a concession to touch controls that helps to keep the game from being too hard to control. Some of the tracks are extremely twisty and tight! I got to one last night that has a lightning storm and its a killer!

13. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

The speed this thing runs, it would be next to impossible to get round the corners if it didn't steer for you to some degree! Touch screen or not. Even 'thought controlled', I couldn't think quick enough!

I'm not wanting it to be a simulator but I do wish you had to come off the throttle more often going into corners. I dunno maybe the later worlds and faster cars will require this but I am just at South Africa unlocked at the moment, and still wrapping up golds in the world before that.

14. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Does the game sync between devices?

15. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    And different strategies to try. Leave the car amount as it is, I say. I love the challenge. Game lasts longer that way.

16. The Nothing

The Nothing Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Anyone able to get FB friends to connect??

17. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Hi towards the end of my first race itself I keep running out of fuel How do I fix this?

18. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    You have to drive over the red fuel canisters located on the track. Usually hitting couple around mid point in a race will do the trick. Didn't you do the tutorial?? :)

19. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    DO NOT REDUCE THE NUMBER OF CARS. The games perfectly balanced and a flashback to the 80/90's when games were a proper challenge. Not hand holding save every minute nonsense.

20. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i just came here to rate this 5 stars and to say that HC is everything i wanted out of an ios racer!
    Lots of cars and upgrades - you need to EARN them because of

Competent AI that you can overtake or can overtake you at the last turn, NOT cheap AI while you are running with a great

Sense of Speed, making your heart pound while the charming

Graphics and music have to be played to be felt, and all this

Premium, as i can play where and when and how long i want, from my air2 to my oldy iphone 4s!

Game of the week? I say Racer of the Year!