Out Now Horizon Chase 2 (by Aquiris Game Studio)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I keep being like, I don’t know if I’m really feeling this… then proceed to replay a race 3 times to achieve everything. Who am I kidding, this is great stuff!

Did run into a weird frame rate drop and almost lag in the last lap of the last California track. Came in second, probably but not definitely, because of the glitch. But that’s the only thing that’s happened. iPhone 12

2. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    No improvement without criticism.

3. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    So, your idea of criticism is to not like game A because it's not like game B?

(Sometimes the profile pic says it all. I mean seriously, what the hell?! You ok bro?)

macplash likes this.
  4. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
  5. erherringbone

erherringbone Member

Feb 18, 2016
    I’m loving it, very much the original taken to the next level. Backgrounds are so pretty I’m distracted from the actual race. Anybody else notice some heat in their iPhone after playing?

Super fun, will play more.

6. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I’m on the latest iPad Pro and definitely noticed the heat yes am loving the game so far although the race’s feel a bit hard for me anyway

erherringbone likes this.
  7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    My phone gets warm, but battery drain is acceptable. A few tracks have had a bit of frame rate drop, but nothing too distracting. Normally the game runs at a steady 60 FPS (as far as I can tell).

Love the weather effects, daytime and nightime racing and the aggressive driver AI. The Death Valley track even has a sandstorm that really messes with visibility. So far I’m finding the difficulty fairly moderate — some tracks have taken me a few tries to 100% them, but nothing too frustrating.

So far, this has been the ideal Arcade racer for me. Ridiculously fun and propulsive, with just the right amount of tension. Definitely an AA standout.

8. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Been playing the game for the last few days. Absolutely love the racing levels. Controls are spot on. The box collection levels on the other hand are a chore and I dislike them enough to make me want to delete the game. Will persevere for another few days and see how I get on.

9. awwe

awwe Member

May 21, 2015
    Iphone XR. Cant really play this.

low framerate on certain courses, and the phone overheats so the screen light dims

erherringbone likes this.
  10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#30 Anotherkellydown, Sep 19, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
    I need some people to play online with. It looks like you can have a crew of three members and yourself.

Join my Crew in Horizon Chase 2! The code is… not working. Having issues making a crew. I get a six-digit number share it, then when I come back to the app, it’s gone - as if I’d never made one.

11. erherringbone

erherringbone Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Same here, XR, super hot. Love the game, just afraid my old phone can't take the heat.

12. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I’m really enjoying this but it desperately needs an option to move/resize the controls for me.

13. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I enjoy this game the first major update hit a few days ago

14. RealisticArcadeSimulator

RealisticArcadeSimulator Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2018
    It's funny how the first game initially ran on an iphone 4s and this one bakes an xr. Kinda feel left out as it's arcade only. This is where supporting the first game with all the dlc's lead?

15. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    #35 Chq, Mar 19, 2023
    Last edited: May 5, 2023
    So many levels still running awful on an iPad mini 6.

Greetz Chris

Edit (21.4.): This game is one of the main reasons, i left Apple Arcade.

Edit (5.5.): It would be imho better to fix the performance issues, before publishing new features like local multiplayer.