Universal HoPiKo (by Laser Dog)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Sep 24, 2015.

1. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
  2. JoshFTL

JoshFTL Member

Jul 6, 2015
    This is a seriously good game! For some reason I prefer just kind of flinging my character around as fast as I can instead of just taking the time to aim properly. Not a problem though, i like the fact that you get a speed boost for timing your jumps.

3. LaserRob

LaserRob Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2015
    I've been looking into the game centre issue and I can't see any problem. There seems to be some serious issues with game centre floating around since iOS9 was released (I wonder if they changed the sever-side stuff), so it might be that.

I'll keep looking though. We'll push an update soon with some tweaks and fixes (like bonus level objects bugging out!!).

Thanks!

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Maybe there's a timeout when uploading the score, which for whatever reason is only affecting iOS8 users? Those of you who suffer the bug: is the 3G/wifi connection consistent when the score isn't uploaded, or does the bug happen at the same time as the 3G/wifi has connection issues? Just guessing here and trying to help.

5. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Yeah,my wifi is consistent.In fact,all Hopiko's achievements are uploading fine.And everytime i beat 1-1 runs time,that uploads fine as well.

I've noticed somebody has left a review on the app store commenting on this issue,but they don't state what IOS they are on.

6. LaserRob

LaserRob Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2015
    We have some test devices still on iOS8, so I'll try replicate it. Thanks for the input everyone!

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Same here -on iOS 8 last version before 9 if that helps

8. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I am still working through world 1. This is seriously Game of the Year material for me!

9. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

[thread=271660][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271663][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271533][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271730][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271661][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271694][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271736][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271838][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271655][​IMG][/thread] [thread=271804][​IMG][/thread]

HoPiKo

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

Sept 25th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

10. Sam MC

Sam MC Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Torino
    favourite of thr week releases

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Feel so stupid right now. For some reason, I thought I could only jump in a straight line on Run 1-3 and 1-4. Spent SO long trying to beat 1-4-5!

Noticed a minir bug in leaderboard positions - I'm apparently "11ST" on 1-4 at the moment!

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Of course, 11st... Or were you expecting to be 11nd? :D

13. JoshFTL

JoshFTL Member

Jul 6, 2015
    I'm finnally on the second set of levels and the difficulty is really ramping up. How far has everyone gotten? and what kind of platforms are there past the first couple of levels of world 2?

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Wasn't expecting double digits at all, to be honest! :)

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
  16. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #76 mr_bez, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    I just died hitting the goal on level 2-6-5. Anyone else had issues like this?

Edit: Never mind. Just noticed the cruelly hidden spikes right on the edge of the goal!

Attached Files:

17. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    What the?!

New update out now adds HARDCORE mode? Gotta love these guys. According to Game Center, only 5 people have reached the end of World 5, yet they're adding a hardcode mode! :D

Still loving this and working my way through World 4, but not quite ready for that yet!

Great new app icon too, and I thought the old one was pretty great.

18. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    New update has FIXED the gamecentre bug for me.Although i've only played a few levels,all todays times have uploaded fine!

I haven't updated to IOS9 BTW,so it's definitely the Hopiko update that fixed it,intentional or not.

Thanks a lot guys.Can really start playing it now!

19. laserdog

laserdog Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Hey guys. I was just going to post to say we've pushed this update. I'm SOOOO pleased that the update fixed the game centre issue. I can't tell you how much time I've spent trying to replicate the issue.

It all came down to me missing a leaderboard in the last build. There is a leaderboard called "Total Deaths" that, you've guessed it, logs the total deaths. I accidentally didn't enable it on the apple side. When the app tried to submit a score to this leaderboard, it would (for some reason) stop others from working. I totally guessed that this was the problem, and to see that it's worked it a big relief!!

Thanks for playing!

P.S. Someone please beat hardcore mode in stage 1. I've managed to get to 47, Si's managed 49.

20. tex32

tex32 Active Member

May 9, 2013
    Laser Dog FTW! You guys nailed it!