Hoops Madness - Win a Gift Card Contest!!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by mobileben, Apr 1, 2010.

1. mobileben

mobileben Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Zgrunturos and San Francisco
    #81 mobileben, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
    You only need to break 500 and 750. But you definitely get bragging rights if you can be on top! Maybe we'll hand out a promocode as well to that person as well :D!

akame, you need to do this on the Lite version of the game. Sorry about that, is what everyone else is playing. We chose the Lite, because it doesn't force people to buy the game to enter! We of course hope people will help spread the Madness and give us comments on the game :)!

Hahahaha ... well at least one of us got it here ;)! Or maybe you've just been Hermanated :eek:!

DG had a legit score of 900 previously. He actually looked at the newer build as a favor to me, since I wanted him to check out what it would be like and to see how that nasty ad looked in the newer version. So his entry is good!

That being said, we just got the e-mail that the update is up!!! It should be propagating thru the system (got the e-mail 20 minutes ago).

So you guys can all play it and see if you can beat DG's score!

Here are your benefits from the update:

-30 second game time, with the game tuned more to the full version!
    -Nasty ad is fixed
    -OpenFeint support in with achievements
    -Score ticker that shows you latest posted scores
    -Cool country flags in the leaderboards.

Please let us know your comments on the newer build! And let all the OF points fans out there know! It's free and there are around 600-700 points. The Flick Lite version is also in review now, so we expect it ready today later as well!

BTW, if we don't have your country, let us know. We have quite a few flags (50), but the ones we used were based on the countries we had active at the time we submitted ... sorry in advance OzzY :(.

Last second edit: Remember that if you use the newer version, the score values to qualified have changed. However, if you have already qualified for a level, you are of course, already qualified!! So using the newer version will not change your status. Unless of you course you were qualified for the $10 card only ... and you break 850 points using the new version. It is, BTW, easier to score higher points, since you have more time and more Special Balls!

Also, akame, your PM box if full! I tried to send you one!

2. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

I can confirm that the update is available in the US. I had previously deleted the game (space!), but decided to download it again to beat Der-kleine's score. When I started it up, I got the ticker and a 30 second clock.

3. akame

akame Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    ok. My latest score for the lite version is 552. Just made it. I bought the full version because it is very addictive.

4. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    so is this contest still going? I'm not too late to join in?

5. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Cool! And hopefully that annoying ad is gone :cool:! We're still testing the new version of the Full BTW which will allow for buying Flick directly from the game. We also will get the OF achievements there too!

Sweet! On the score break and on buying the game! We appreciate it! Now go for the higher mark and qualify for the $15 gift card! You gots the right stuff to do it!

6. akame

akame Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    I can't believe it. I break my old score 552. I got 986 now. :D

7. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    There is still time! The contest ends today at 11:59 PM PDT!

8. CzarCastic

#88 CzarCastic, Apr 5, 2010
    New high score: 2,315. ;)

I felt like I missed a lot, so this will be beaten.

9. Hermanator

Hermanator Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Good job there! I knew you could do it!! :D

:eek: wow....new version makes a big difference? So what do you think about the new features?

10. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Yes! At last! The update! It was always 24 secs when i got the 3 power balls in so i been needing more time! With update, how much do i need to score for $15?

11. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Still working on beating those 2315... I'm at 1729 now

12. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    So the update is out.....

13. Der-Kleine

Ok, I'm at 2152! :p

14. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    I just was getting 300 scores and stuff and did a round where i got 1,380! Yay! I don't know how i did it.

15. CzarCastic

#95 CzarCastic, Apr 5, 2010
    New features. I'm biased. I already have the full version, so the new features in the Lite are still not as fully functional as the Full version. However, the extra time makes a huge difference. The extra power balls are also big, I mean, I was able to double my high score from the previous version. I can't wait for this contest to be over so I can go back to breaking records on the Full version. (Yeah, I'm a little competitive.)

The only thing that I can really suggest is that you make OpenFeint automatically enable itself when you start up the first time. I didn't even realize that the Lite had OpenFeint until I went into the menu and noticed that I had to check a box to turn it on. Without the OpenFeint logo on the icon, I didn't even think to look for it. It should enable on start-up with the option to decline so people know it is there.

In regards to high score, here's a few hints: 1.) Never use a power ball to grab a star. The silver star is only worth 10 bonus points, so compare that to the effects of using the atom ball where you're gauranteed to hit an entire rack of balls. 2.) Tap fast! You should be shooting the entire rack of balls at every basket. If you aren't, you're losing points. 3.) Figure out where you're weak. Where do you keep missing? It'll probably happen every time. I am weakest when the basket reaches the end of the screen and changes direction. I continually miss the final ball of the rack. So, I know that I need to change my shooting speed a fraction of a second to try not to miss as much. If you're not hitting an accuracy of 90% or better, you're not going to have the highest score. 4.) Use the atom ball to the max! It creates a cloud that guarantees a basket for a second. You should unload every possible ball into that cloud. In a good round, you should have three or four atom balls in a row so that you don't miss for the entire pass of the basket. 5.) Hit the purple star if you get it. In the Lite, it pretty much signals the end of the game. Bonus points are bonus points, right?

Good luck! I think I may delete this version by the end of the day. Hopefully my score holds up for a little while. I know that Der-kleine is gunning for me already. :cool:

Edit: Lol! I logged in to OpenFeint to check out the achievement list and it retroactively assigned all of the achievements to me. I ended up unlocking 19 of them at the same time. It was pretty funny to watch them all pop up on the bottom of the screen. Seems the only ones left are the 40 and 50 shot streaks. Those sound tough! So, I guess my OpenFeint concern is not that big a deal.

16. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Keep going! You should be able to get even higher :D!

You rock Mr. Crazy! You're now in the running for the $15 card. The amount was 850, so you killed that score!

Hahaha ... we thought that was funny too. At first we had it notify you in game. But that got annoying real fast. Having learned from our big purple ad debacle :rolleyes:, we moved it!

I'm a bit partial to liking the country flags and the ticker ... but for you? Not so much?

Thanks for the scoring tips. Have people tried them out? They're good! Anyone have any others?

There are still a few more we can give later on!

Good luck! There's around 10 hours still left!!!

17. Jerlyndr8

Jerlyndr8 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    USA
    i got 853 with the new version :) Jerlyn's iPod

18. CzarCastic

Yeah, those are nice touches too! I focused mostly on the game changing aspects, I guess. It is cool seeing your score scroll by every few minutes!:D

19. Der-Kleine

sorry, I won't try to improove my scoore now, because:
    -I've got a headache
    -it's almost midnight
    -it would take quite some time to beat my old scoore and I don't have the time for that.

:(

20. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Cool! Hermanator will be in contact with you soon.

But it's only 30 seconds :p!

Hoops Madness Flick Lite is also out now! So if you want OF points you can grab that!

And for those of you that re-downloaded the game. If you have the chance ... rating would be awesome :D!