Hoops Madness - Win a Gift Card Contest!!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by mobileben, Apr 1, 2010.

1. mobileben

mobileben Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Zgrunturos and San Francisco
    #1 mobileben, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
    Step up to the Madness! With the final weekend of March Madness coming up, we decided to run a contest to help celebrate it!

The contest will have 2 prizes: $15 and $10 iTunes Gift Cards. Remember gift cards are usable only in the US App Store!

The rules to enter the contest are simple!

-If you don't already have it, download a copy of Hoops Madness Lite. It's FREE! You can get your copy here:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=363973905&mt=8

-Post in this thread when you have downloaded the game and submitted at least one score to our leaderboards! This is to officially register as a contestant! (see below for more info)

-Play the game! Remember to submit your score to our leaderboards! Our servers will save the highest score you submit!

Please note that you must remember to post your scores when you get them, as the game will not post old scores!

Also, after you play a game, you may encounter a larger ad with a purple rectangle. To get by this, you will need to tap to the sides of it. There is a time delay of about 2-3 seconds for this. We apologize for this inconvenience. This has been fixed in an update that was submitted to Apple earlier this week.

To qualify for a $10 gift card, you will need to score greater than 500 points.

To qualify for a $15 gift card, you will need to score greater than 750 points. If you qualify for the $15 gift card, you automatically qualify for the $10 gift card if you don't win the $15 gift card!

Rules:
    -The winners will be randomly picked from the registered contestants that qualify based on their submitted scores posted to our server.
    -The winner of the $15 card will be drawn first. Once drawn, the winner will be removed from the qualified contestant pool and the drawing for the $10 card winner will be made.
    -An individual may only win 1 card.
    -All entries must be submitted after Thursday April 1, 2010 2:00PM PDT and by Monday April 5, 2010 11:59PM PDT.
    -To be registered as a contestant, you must do the following. Post in this thread when you have downloaded the game and submitted at least one score to our leaderboards. When you do this, we'll contact you to validate your UDID information so we know it's you! Once we have you recorded we will give you the contestant number we'll be using in the drawings.
    -Winners will need to provide an address where we can mail the gift card to.

Feel free to contact us at anytime if you want to find out what we have recorded as your highest score!

Help support indie development!
    Please help us spread the Madness! Tell your friends to check out the Lite or Full version! Leave a rating or review!

NOTE: We have an update submitted to Apple that increases the time to 30 seconds (from 24 seconds) as well as increases the number of Special Balls. That submitted version is 1.1.0. In the event that Apple approves the version during the contest, the points requirements for people using version 1.1.0 will be scoring more than 600 points (for the $10 gift card) and more than 850 points (for the $15 gift card). I highly doubt the update will be out by then, but we just added this as a caveat to make it fair to those that already qualified with the current version out!

2. Nbaball

Nbaball Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Already downloaded it do I have to get over 750 again or can I use the old score I submitted? It was 774 and the name was Akbers iPod

3. Hermanator

Hermanator Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Hey Nbaball,

Sorry about not being clear about the scoring. You will have to post a new score. We'll modify the rules for this.

I'll PM you for your UDID

4. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm entering

5. BuLLetss

BuLLetss Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Downloaded! Great game. Name = Petey's iPod

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

so If I have the full version I should get the lite?

7. Unknownalias11

Unknownalias11 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Downloaded and uploaded score as "Chang's Ipod"

8. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    Yep. You'll need to download and submit using the lite version. This is because it has a different time limit and different tuning. So you'll score much higher in the full version. That wouldn't be fair :eek:!

9. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ok. Got 559 for the lite version :D

Getting 750 is too hard though -_-

10. Nbaball

Dec 25, 2009
    Just got 662 is there anyway to find put uuid on the iPod?

11. mobileben

Jul 17, 2009
    Lumpy's Handler
    I'm sure you can do it! Just need a few more tries :)! Unkownalias11 has already broken 750!

You did 750+ before ... so I'm sure you can do it again :D! You can get your UDID from iTunes:

http://www.ismashphone.com/2008/08/udid-itunes.html

12. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    if you aren't syncing a lot to a pc, you can use this free app to find it:

About Device

13. Nbaball

Dec 25, 2009
    Thanks DG

14. Jerlyndr8

Jerlyndr8 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    USA
    If u mean UDID you can find it by searching " ad hoc helper" on iTunes and downloading the app. When u launch it, it will give u the udid.

15. seang

seang Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    i submitted a score my name is Sean's Ipod

16. Nbaball

Dec 25, 2009
    Yesss I got 752

17. dougthead

dougthead Active Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Submitted

dougthead

18. BuLLetss

BuLLetss Member

Feb 20, 2010
  19. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
  20. Hermanator

Hermanator Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    #20 Hermanator, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
    Nice scores guys!! Looks like DG currently has the highest score here on tA.

As a reminder, please post to this thread so we know that you are entering the contest. You do not have to wait until you qualify to post . We want to make sure that you have a contest number for the drawing. :D