Universal Hoop League Tactics: Turn-Based Basketball (by Koality Game)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KoalityGame, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Dope..koality you know you rock!!

KoalityGame likes this.
  2. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Would love to beta test, sent you a conversation

3. tyty1005

tyty1005 New Member

Dec 11, 2018
    Male

Hey hoping to test Hoop Tactics. I loved prizefighter so super excited. My email will be below.

Thanks,

Email: [email protected]

4. yaxizir

yaxizir New Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Female
    can I try the beta version too?

5. KoalityGame

KoalityGame Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Of course! I will send anyone that is interested an invite as soon as the next version is ready. Aiming for this Friday.

6. yaxizir

yaxizir New Member

Dec 5, 2019
    Female
    thanks!! :)

7. Spoon18

Spoon18 Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Male
    I am interested in beta testing. Seems like a cool idea for a game. My TestFlight email is [email protected]

KoalityGame likes this.
  8. justelvis81

justelvis81 Active Member

Feb 25, 2016
    This looks ace. Would love a beta invite if possible!

KoalityGame likes this.
  9. KWIPS

KWIPS Member

Jun 17, 2015
    I’m interested in testing!

KoalityGame likes this.
  10. WeGamers

WeGamers New Member

It's a really interesting thought! I am wondering if you have the need to talk about mobile cooperation? Do hope that we have the chance to let more and more game lovers play it. I've sent a letter to you guys, you could check the details if you like to seek the possibility.

11. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    The beta has been sent to Apple and is awaiting review. Hopefully it won't take longer than a day. I will notify all that has shown interest as soon as it's ready!

12. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Thanks! Excited to try it out

13. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    WeGamers likes this.
  14. malarkey42

malarkey42 New Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Played for about an hour the other day on v0.6.0. Definitely a neat take on basketball as a turn-based game. Some things to note:
    * If I leave in the middle of a game and come back to the app, I have to start the game all over again.
    * It's not really clear to me that I have to tap on the screen to initiate the tip-off.
    * Players will have color-coded icons by them and I'm not sure what they're for.
    * If the ball is stolen, the player's positions are reset to default positions instead of starting the next round where they were.

More to come later as I play more.

KoalityGame likes this.
  15. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Thank you so much for your feedback!

If I leave in the middle of a game and come back to the app, I have to start the game all over again.

Correct, game state is not currently saved so it will reset if you close the app. In a future update, I will add in the ability to continue the game where you left off.

It's not really clear to me that I have to tap on the screen to initiate the tip-off.

I'll add in a prompt to tap the screen.

Players will have color-coded icons by them and I'm not sure what they're for.

Offensive Players
    Green/yellow target icon: Great/good shooter
    Green/yellow fist icon: Great/good dunker

Defensive Players
    Green/yellow/red hand icon: Bad/good/great shot blocker. Full colored means that the defender is in strong defensive positioning and can block the shot. Half full means that they are contesting the shot but won't be able to block it. If a shot is contested, the accuracy will decrease.

Court Tiles
    A shield icon will appear on the court if the defender has the chance of stealing the ball. When dribbling, stepping into these tiles will be a risk. The color determines the strength of the defenders steal ability (red = strong, green = weak). These icons also show up in passing lanes adjacent to defenders that are in position to steal.

If the ball is stolen, the player's positions are reset to default positions instead of starting the next round where they were.

Correct, currently each possession is independent of the last. If they stayed in their current position that means they would have to travel the full length of the court each time which may slow down the pace of the game.

I'll work on explaining the game mechanics better inside the game to help out other players that may have similar questions. Please let me know if there's anything else that comes to your mind. Thanks for playing!

malarkey42 and Gwarmaxx like this.
  16. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Would a screen similar to this one help?

key.png

17. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Yes. That’s good.

I think I would like defense to be player controlled. Kinda don’t like the offense only flow. Though I’m sure you’ve tested it more than I’ve thought about it and have good reason.

18. malarkey42

malarkey42 New Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Yes! Very much so. A lot of things make a lot more sense now so I'll have to give it a go with those things in mind.

19. malarkey42

malarkey42 New Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Ah, you know what, the whole stealing mechanic and player positions being reset now makes sense. I keep on seeing this as a half-court game but it's a full court so now I understand why it's the way it is.

20. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Having to play both offense and defense would slow down the pace a ton. Plus it leaves open the possibility of asynchronous online multiplayer (you can currently pass and play with another friend in Exhibition).

Awesome, I've added a new button that brings up this screen. I'm glad you're getting the hang of it!