Hook Worlds by Rocketcat Games (reelasing 16/dec)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Piasintein, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jase23

jase23 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Are you planning on doing anything in the future to optimize your games for iPad, or do they play fine already on the iPad? I've played a lot of Hook Champ on my iPhone 3gs, but I've never tried it or Super Quick Hook on the iPad. I'm planning in the future to do most of my gaming on iPad.

By the way, thank you for posting the videos on Youtube. Music is very cool.

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i treid playing superquickhook on ipad as is, and my eyes started hurting. maybe it wont happen with you, but i wouldnt reccomend playing it on ipad.

3. Amateurlife

Amateurlife Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Sigh.... Ok I understand with your servers crashing. It's unfortunate because non-retina supported games look horrible on a retina screen. Thanks for trying though.

4. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Calm down Mr. Ungrateful, Rocketcat Games look great without retina...

5. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    This.

6. Amateurlife

Amateurlife Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Yea yea I will. I did say "thanks" though. :) Besides it's 99c, right? Cant expect too much. I'd totally pay extra, rocketgames, if you get around to making it some kind of DLC er somethin. All in all, the dudes at rocketgames are awesome.

7. henrylkr

henrylkr Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    3 words. I can't wait.

Will ALWAYS support you guys.

(Oops, became 8 words instead.)

8. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    So are all 3 worlds endless?

9. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i count 15...

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

13, as number dont count.

11. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009

Yeah. All 4 (including bonus retro world) are endless, similar to SQH's Avalanche and Eruption modes.

12. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    They just confirmed via twitter that the game is coming out on the 16th. Also if you buy the game before the 20th you get early access to World 4.

13. Sanderino

Sanderino Member

Dec 1, 2010
    An instant buy. I loved the other two "Hook games." I'm supporting you guys fo' real!

14. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    We'd never charge extra for retina support. It's requested a lot, we'd like to add it to Hook Worlds and at least Super QuickHook. What mostly stops us is that none of us own devices with retina support, and we prefer to do a lot of our basic testing before it even reaches either of our beta groups. I am really considering getting an iPad for our next game, though.

I wanted to do more trailers, but my house flooded. I think a trailer I did last week might be hitting before the release of the game. For now, I have to reinstall stuff on the only computer that got damaged, which is also the computer I use to take the game footage.

15. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Shoulden't this be out in the NZ store?

16. felnan

felnan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    #116 felnan, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
    Thiss i an awesome game.. I have it... The retro mode rockkzz.. And the gun zelle is my favorite .. But! Its kinda annoying because u cant even shoot the phantoms that are below u and u get hit -.- lol.. But it is great JOPE U FIX THIS KEPA/ fix that so we can be able to jump on the phantoms head kill them an keep going without lossing a heart.. :) And please ad new weapon upgrades or new weapons like shotguns or SMG to zelle.. Very good game BTW!

17. Uberblake

Uberblake Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    The titles spelled wrong (reeleasing)
    Anyways, Instabuy tonight.

18. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Zelle: She can jump by tapping the hook button. Miiight tweak her levels a bit in the first update, anyway, since I think one of the spike slices might be too harsh. Could move the ghosts down a bit, too. There used to be much more manual-jumping parts for Zelle, but I was afraid it would confuse people too much so I toned it down. New weapons in updates: Maybe!

Oh man, for a second I thought you meant the title of the GAME was spelled wrong.

19. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Can't wait for the official release of this epic. Everyone's all "There's so many good games coming out tonight!" and I'm all "That's true. There's 4 of them. And they're all named Hook Worlds."

Can we somehow consolidate the threads for Hook Worlds? There's this one and then the 'out in NZ' one. Obviously not a big deal but would be cleaner.

20. fishfishmonkeyhat

fishfishmonkeyhat Active Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Just bought it. Thanks guys.