Hook Worlds by Rocketcat Games (reelasing 16/dec)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Piasintein, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm loving how each world isn't just a re-skin but totally unique mechanics (some worlds have grav boots, others have a gun, etc.).

2. polarsolstice

polarsolstice Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    i feel you, man

3. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Any update on the release?

4. polarsolstice

Apr 4, 2010
    Kepa, for your next game (the Action rogue-like) i know a great game which character system is super awesome and i hope you might consider putting in something similiar. check out The Great Dungeon in the Sky

5. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Submitting it soon. We were delayed a lot by programmer getting sick and our servers dying. Both at the same time.

I was checking out Cladun recently, I'll check out The Great Dungeon in the Sky, too. Can't believe I missed that one... usually I follow TIGSource games.

6. polarsolstice

Apr 4, 2010
    well actually the core gameplay of the great dungeon in the sky is not that great, but it has awesome character collecting! think the "Lego ___" series but for pixelated characters.

7. Smoothie Boy

Smoothie Boy Member

Sep 26, 2010
    One thing that I really hope you will do Kepa is make it compatible with 3.1.3 software because i haven't been able to upgrade since my computer went down. Thanks!

8. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    So Kepa, 2 things since your starting to write the stuff for the next gam, does this mean that Hook Worlds is finished? Also what will the starting price be??

9. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I think they already said 99 cents.

10. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Thanks, but I've not really been following this thread, just Kepa's tweets.

11. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    So far. We haven't tried Gamecenter yet, though. I think that requires a higher OS.

The gameplay was pretty bad, yeah. Lots of characters to collect, but I found out that pretty much all the characters except for one or two are bad. Still interesting.

99 cents. Early buyers get a fourth world early and a special hat and hook, everyone else has to wait for the first update. Hook Worlds is very close to being finished, we're just doing final tweaks now and seeing if we can slip in Gamecenter quickly.

12. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Awesome news and gamecenter would be killer !

13. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
  14. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Submitted the game early this morning! We're now working on a bunch of trailers to show off what we've done.

We couldn't slip in Gamecenter quickly... the two weeks of our servers dying really hurt us. GC got cut, and we didn't get around to retina support, either. GC definitely in the next game, if not in a patch. I am curious to compare GC and Openfeint.

15. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    #95 RaptorF35, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
    Please implement both...they're both good and they work together well if used properly(see halfbrick's games)

Can't wait for this to come out, I'll be one of those early buyers for sure :D

16. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah I am addicted to the two other Hook games but I am not very good, I just enjoy playing them. I am sure it will be the same with this one.

17. theunis

theunis Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    YES !!!! I was worried we wouldn get to play this game this December :)YAY I love all the other Hook games, they all brilliant - I can honestly say I am pretty awful at them, but gosh when you get it right it is so exciting watching the lil guy fly across the screen :D CANT WAIT !!!

If i may ask a favor can the release date not be the 9th? :D

18. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    It'll most likely be the 16th. Apple's ultimately in charge of when it gets released, though, as always.

19. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009

If I could, I'd just make every single one of our games about gnomes from the future. More trailers on the way, we're doing one for each world.

No news on release date confirmation, yet.

20. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I can't wait to start hooking again! Wait that didn't sound right but my point remains valid.