GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Grimlock

Grimlock Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Yo thanks for all the help Kepa.
    Hey, Ive asked a couple of my freinds what they think would be a cool new hat. And alot of them said they'd like a military helmet, like saving private Ryan status.
    I think that'd be pretty cool.
    Just suggesting.

2. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Coins

I know what you mean. Did you already finish the Forbidden Hats > Silver Hatbox? After about 1.000.000 tries, I got every single hat / item in the game :D

3. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    The tricky thing about adding some sort of HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY or INFINITE MONEY dlc item is that a lot of people will think it's a really cynical move. I haven't looked into how Mega Jump gets away with it.

Maybe in an update we can just make all the megahooks way the hell cheaper. 1000 coins per hook?

4. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I think 1k per hook is reasonable Kepa. The current 3k price tag was kind of intimidating because by the time you go through all the levels, you no longer get the first time finished coin bonus, and even then you have to grind a little bit to afford one. Saving up for the other 2 is hard to do.

Personally, I ended up using iFile to edit how much $$ I have :p I waited till I had beaten all the levels fair and square though ;)

5. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    good thinking! haha I saved up for Hookbot's hook and bought it...now i cant beat the stupid third hat box!!

6. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    I saw awhile back a hat guide and other guides in this thread. Anyone know what page it's in?

7. Bucks

Bucks Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Student
    TouchArcade Supply Closet
    hey i recently cleared my data and i before i had purchased zelle and hookbot but now that i want to repurchase them but it says my account needs to be a "sandbox" thingy and i dont know what it means, any help

8. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    That's because;
    1] You're JBed
    2] You have a no-no app installed [App/////Sync]

To fix it, just Google what appears in the pop-up message. Basically it involves deleting the game, uninstalling the no-no app, reinstalling the game, etc etc.

9. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    That's because;
    1] You're JBed
    2] You have a no-no app installed [App/////Sync]

To fix it, just Google what appears in the pop-up message. Basically it involves deleting the game, uninstalling the no-no app, reinstalling the game, etc etc.

10. Grimlock

Grimlock Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    #3850 Grimlock, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
    Haha suck it kepa I JUST beat the silver hatbox and Now I think I'm going to buy Zelle because I want every little part of this game.
    Such a addicting game, yet so fun, Thanks for everything Kepa.

11. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Well I just realized I beat the bronze hat box a long time ago and I never got the hat (the golden duck). So I figured I just had to beat it with gunny again. I did and i still don't have the hat. Any help?

12. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    You might have to buy it for one coin.

And Kepa, you're probably going to want to change the advertisement because it says the exclusive ends on 6/13, and yet it's most likely going to be published on the 18th, right?

13. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    What do you have to do to unlock the hat levels?

14. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Changing the advertisement also requires them to approve an update to do so. The in-game catalog isn't self-updating yet. But yeah, it's most likely happening the 18th. We put up a disclaimer on the website that pops up if you click on the buy link... hopefully that clears up confusion about it.

15. anti.climacus

anti.climacus New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    How do I buy Hookbot? I bought Zelle but I see no option anywhere to buy Hookbot.

16. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Just click on his pic and hit Buy.

17. anti.climacus

anti.climacus New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    #3857 anti.climacus, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
    Bah, I got it finally. It was giving me the message for unlocking Gunny whenever I would click on his pic but it finally registered.

18. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Just purchased it at the moment ! hope I won't be disappointed ! :)

19. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    get past the learning curve and you'll be hooked. (pun intended)

20. Morenar

Morenar Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Kepa, quick question. If you buy the coats for either jake or gunny, every time you switch to them it automatically switches to the coat skin, rather than whatever it was last set to. Is there any chance you can get it to remember recent choice of skin, just like with hats, before you stop updating?

Either way, looking forward to duking it out with the other top players once the sequel hits. Thanks for the fun so far :)