GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    We don't intend to have a sale for any game, in the future. Except for early buyer discounts, but only when a game is first released. I don't like the whole arbitrary sales thing... it seems insulting to the real fans and only encourages always "waiting for a price drop".

2. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I really love this attitude in devs. I always hate how I get a game and it goes on sale not too long after. This method makes my purchase feel secure.

3. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Agreed! You either make everyone who bought the game at full price mad, or you get people posting that they are "waiting for a sale" - which I always find to be rather insulting to the devs. I don't mind if people decide to hold off and wait, but is it really necessary to post it?

In the end, I appreciate devs that stick to their guns and hold steady at a price point they feel reflects their game, and the amount of hard work they put into making the game. Especially the Rocketcat team, given the quality of HC, all of the free updates, and the fact that Kepa is still responding on these boards on a regular basis.

4. jase23

jase23 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Right on Kepa. I could not agree more with your attitude. It makes sense upon the release of a new game to offer a discount as an incentive for early adopters to play the game, spread the word, and leave reviews on iTunes and message boards, etc. But after that, why not just offer a reasonable everyday low price? I find it highly annoying for an app to start out with a price of $4.99-$9.99, only to have the game price yo-yo wildly and randomly all the way down to $.99.

5. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    This game is really cheap, and it should be 5.99 at the least, quit crying and just buy it, jeez 2.99 is nothing to fret over TBH :/

6. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    What is the difference in the two control schemes? Is it just UI? The arrows on the side? or is there actual control differences?

7. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Mostly the UI.

We had a different control scheme, but it got shoved out for the UI toggle. We still plan to slip it back in, ideally for the next update. Next update should contain more levels and be out around the same time as our next game.

8. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Awesome, more levels. :D

9. HiddenPoohUK

HiddenPoohUK Active Member

Feb 17, 2010
    IT Consultant
    London, UK
    I got this an age ago but gave up soon after because I was so crap at it. Really must give it another bash.

10. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Just don't give up, keep replaying until you learn the levels and get good at them. The game really is tons of fun especially when you get better and start buying some upgrades.

11. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    can't wait. just bought last night. insanely addictive!! loved the lite

12. Tanukitsune

Tanukitsune Well-Known Member

Does anybody a good level to get money? I don't I'll ever beat Forbidden Hats, but I do want to buy all the skills and hats I have left! :D

13. Morenar

Morenar Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    I used to use Silver Bull for money runs. Some of the rat levels have more money, but they require more precision, and take longer

14. Bucks

Bucks Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Student
    TouchArcade Supply Closet
    i like the gold bull for money runs, i average 67 coins per run

15. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I always liked Silver Bull, personally.

Though someone found a really good way to get money based on the Hat levels. I forget what the trick was, exactly.

The next game, Super Quick Hook, is less grindy because the Avalanche mode gives you huge amounts of money.

16. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    The fastest way I found to get money is in I think Silver Hatbox, drop underneath the starting platform, get the gems, die, rinse, repeat. It's not very much fun, but you'll rake in the gold pretty quick.

Wrong thread I guess, but man I can't wait for SQH!

17. Look4wally

Look4wally Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Ahhhhgggg!!!!

This golden bull level is making me maaaddd!!! :D

18. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Agree, Silver Hatbox level. Collect the jewels at the start, die, rinse and repeat.

I was stuck on golden bull for a long time but finally passed it so keep on trying, you'll eventually get it. ;)

19. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    A ton of people get stuck on gold bull, we've found. We adjusted the difficulty curve in the next game, so it's not such a dive off a cliff when you get to the last magma level. A checkpoint system helped a lot, too.

20. Look4wally

Look4wally Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    I DIT IIITT!!!:D

Finnally, after a gazillion trys I got that bull idol!

Damn, this game is awesome...It brings so many memories from the SMB era...