GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Kosikutioner

Kosikutioner Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
  2. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    And then you can become a global hooker! Maybe it could be called: Around-The-World Hooker. :)

3. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Haha, nice one! :D

You're full of good names for games. :)

Wow, congratulations, Kepa. You've done it again!

4. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Well, it's randomly generated but I think it's supposed to have specific scenery and zones, theyre just glued together in a row.

5. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I did a twitter post today in which I typed "Super" and "Quickhook" right next to each other. That actually seems like a pretty fun name, considering the Super Mario World influence. Super Quickhook! Kind of catchy...

Avalanche mode is randomized with several different landscape types. Each landscape type actually does have a subtle gameplay theme. They're designed with different things in mind, past just how they look.

For the Race Modes, we actually could do some interesting things. What we're going to try is having the first patch add a new Race Level or two. If this is really popular (we go by 5 star ratings and feedback on updates), we'll just keep making new Race Levels. The game's designed to be way easier to expand than Hook Champ, so the sky's the limit there. New art for each level? Special guest level designers? We could do a lot of things.

6. dotBrain

dotBrain Active Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Oh man, Super Quickhook is ace, Kepa. I say roll with that.

Really mega looking forward to this. Glad that you'll be having the endless mode and actual race levels, the best of both worlds!

7. jezzze

jezzze Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    canada
    hey kepa, when you say race mode, does that mean you can race with like your friend over wifi? CAUSE THAT WOULD BE AWSOME, if you have not noticed most of all the popular games have open fient and some sort of multiplayer.

8. poutini

poutini Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Student
    Calgary
    Or (like jet car stunts) race against your friends' ghost replays. That would be awesome.

9. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Super Quickhook. Has a ring to it eh? I like it :D can't wait

10. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    I think what he means is there's two type of modes;
    An endless mode, such as in Canabalt, Wheeler's Treasure, etc.
    A race mode, such as in Hook Champ

11. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Yeah, Race Mode is like Hook Champ's levels except without any monster or time constraint. It will even most likely have the floaty coins, unlike our endless mode, which just gives you gold based on distance.

We are going to expand on the ghost-race-multiplayer Hook Champ had, though. We're making it a back and forth lives-based deal. You retry beating your friend's race until you run out of lives, or beat his distance/time and he has to then use up his lives to beat you again. In endless mode, there will be a little system to make sure you're both doing the same randomized level.

12. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Super Quickhook sounds awesome!!!!!!!! Man, I miss the days of Super this, or something 64...

13. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
  14. yeah yeah

yeah yeah Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    I picked up Hook Champ a little while back, and I'm trying to get into it...but it's not working at all. :(

15. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Why's that?

16. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    #3696 Drucifer, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    I'm really enjoying the game. Sometimes I have a hard time on certain levels but gaining more gold and buying more upgrades seem to help alot.

Been wearing the crockett in memory of Fess Parker who recently died. For those who have no idea who he is he played Davy Crockett. ;)

17. deeetour

deeetour Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    +1 for Super Quickhook.

I can't wait to get this game.

18. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Damn, I'm having a very hard time on the gold bull level. I'm getting tired of restarting the level. :mad:

19. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Do you have all the upgrades?

You could use Hookbot to explore the level

20. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    #3700 Drucifer, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
    Grappling Hook - Maxed
    Rope - Maxed
    Shotgun - Level 3
    Running Shoes - Maxed
    Loot Vacuum - One more level remaining
    Husk Mask - Level 3
    Hot Pants - Maxed
    Rocket Boots - Maxed
    Rocket Fuel - Maxed
    Double-Barrel - Level 1

Not much left to get really.

I just seem to have trouble near the end of the stage. I never seem to make it past the 80-85% mark. :(

EDIT: Disregard. Finally beat the level with pure luck. My problem was I would fall into the lava and the pants only saved me once so the second time I fell I would die automatically.

What does Hookbot actually do? I'm confused about a number of these shop items.