GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    My personal favorite is Hookbots special hook. Gunnys is actually my second to least favorite special hook.

2. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Yes. They'll coincide with other game releases, usually sharing a theme. Example: Snowy levels for Hook Champ are planned as a tie-in for our next, Avalanche-themed game. We'll keep updating Hook Champ with new levels until the map screen is a cluttered mess, after which we'll have plenty of other games to add levels to, anyway.

Hookbot's hook also unlocks his ultrahat. Plus it's a laser.

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    stupid question maybe, what are all these hat levels people are talking about. are there levels beyond the skull idol

4. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    There's Skull, Rat, and Forbidden Hatbox. The last one is an extremely difficult level series.

5. Teizx

Teizx Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Yea I bought gunny's on accident. I think HB's hook gives you the super top hat.

6. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I've been stuck on the last Skull level for weeks. I'm guessing Frbidden Hatbox is unlocked once that's compelted?

7. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    The Rat levels are unlocked after Skull. And then the Hat levels.

8. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    but I got the Rat levels before Skull

9. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Then I guess you have to just unlock Skull now. Sorry, I had completed all of the levels before the Rat and Hat levels came out, so they were automatically unlocked for me.

10. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I did all the Rat levels, I have the last Skull level left. :/ guess I'll just have to finish that one

11. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Use Jake. Get hot pants and all the rocket boot upgrades. Once you beat Skull, sorry to say, but it just gets harder. :D

You'll be going up against the Forbidden hatbox levelset. If you have any problems or questions, post them in this thread and someone will probably answer them.

12. Bluellama1

Bluellama1 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    Ironically, of the hard idols in this game, bull took me longest, then skull, then hats

13. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Yeah, I think Golden Bull is a tough level when you are just starting out. And I've seen a lot of posts from people trying to figure out how to get past it. I'm guessing the reason is that the levels, leading up to Golden Bull, aren't as challenging, and then that level lays the smackdown on you.

But once you get enough practice with it, that level isn't too bad. Same goes for Golden Skull.

14. Teizx

Teizx Member

Feb 28, 2010
    I don't know about you guys but I diddnt find that level to challenging. I played my levels bull, skull, then rat. But I will give the Hat levels props for being so hard.

15. Bluellama1

Bluellama1 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    Really? I thought hat was tricky but not too difficult, maybe I knew what they would be like thanks to posts here.

16. evilhomer

evilhomer Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    :( I can't even beat Stone Hatbox. I've tried at least 50 times. If I ever do manage, I'm not sure how I'm going to beat bronze and silver. Not sure there's anything else I can do but keep trying but if anyone has any tips, let me know.

[​IMG]

17. Teizx

Teizx Member

Feb 28, 2010
    The stone hatbox is one of the hardest hatbox levels. I'm stuck on the silver because Ive been trying to beat it with HB and only realized a day ago that you can only beat it with Jake.

18. Teizx

Teizx Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Oh yea when do the scoreboards reset. I'm trying to get a global high score for a little bit so I can get the crown.

19. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Seems to happen every other week, on Sunday or Monday night. I'm pretty sure they were reset last Monday so you might have to wait a week. Plus the boards are (or were) reset by hand, and given how busy they are who knows when.

20. Teizx

Teizx Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Thanks. I have a question unrelated to hook champ but it's about the fourms. What is the difference between a senior member, member, and a junior member? Also is the little circle next to your name the reputation?